Rank III

Enthusiast III

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Dashney
Member #

I had the GSI Glacier. CRAP don't get them. Flimsy handles, with thin plastic material that burns off. GSI wouldn't refund me, but Cabela's Canada did. After 2 uses I could no longer hold the handles. Other GSI products are great, but the Glacier series is not.

I ended up buy from T-Fal. They have their new Ingenio line with a non-stick coating on the pans. I got the 13-piece set on sale with free shipping for $180CDN. I then took 2 removeable handles, the large frying pan and 2 pots for the trailer and 2 lids. This stuff is amazing. Best quality I could find for nesting. As they are in the galley kitchen, I don't have to worry about weight.

T-Fal.ca, T-fal Ingenio Preference Stainless Steel Cookware, 13-Piece Set

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
I’ve used a scout nesting kit for the last 25 years and finally got sick of scrubbing aluminum pans. I picked up the Magna 10 piece set and have to say that it is incredibly nice. The bottoms are super thick so you won’t scorch your food. Well worth the upgrade for sure.

North53Overland

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Troy
Last Name
Dashney
Member #

I’ve used a scout nesting kit for the last 25 years and finally got sick of scrubbing aluminum pans. I picked up the Magna 10 piece set and have to say that it is incredibly nice. The bottoms are super thick so you won’t scorch your food. Well worth the upgrade for sure.
I looked at that. But decided on the T-Fal Ingenio. Similar in concept. So happy with them.

Contributor III

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Gilbert
I am curious what benefits you found lacking in carbon steel vs cast iron? For sure everyone has their favorites and I won't say carbon or cast are what everyone needs as cooking styles are so individual and that is what makes the world go round!
As much as I know, carbon steel is easier to clean plus it's heats up faster than cast iron.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I had the GSI Glacier. CRAP don't get them. Flimsy handles, with thin plastic material that burns off. GSI wouldn't refund me, but Cabela's Canada did. After 2 uses I could no longer hold the handles. Other GSI products are great, but the Glacier series is not.

I ended up buy from T-Fal. They have their new Ingenio line with a non-stick coating on the pans. I got the 13-piece set on sale with free shipping for $180CDN. I then took 2 removeable handles, the large frying pan and 2 pots for the trailer and 2 lids. This stuff is amazing. Best quality I could find for nesting. As they are in the galley kitchen, I don't have to worry about weight.

That looks like a very nice set of pans. I too use the Magma but these look like a great alternative for a bit less money.

North53Overland

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Troy
Last Name
Dashney
Member #

That looks like a very nice set of pans. I too use the Magma but these look like a great alternative for a bit less money.
I was all over the Magma till I saw the Tfal. I have no issues spending money but thought I'd give these a try. Super happy with them.