Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Since the 4th of July trip got cancelled, does anyone else have anything planned? Wife and I looking forward to our first real overlanding trip. We're open to travel from Idaho, within reason. Otherwise, maybe we'll go to the West coast or something, never been to the Redwood forests.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Mike, there are some plans being payed down for the Sawtooths in July. Get in touch with @David H

the redwood forest is nice... I’ve been there a few times, fall is my favorite... the heat and humidity gets bad in the summer months, early fall is about the best.

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Mike, there are some plans being payed down for the Sawtooths in July. Get in touch with @David H

the redwood forest is nice... I’ve been there a few times, fall is my favorite... the heat and humidity gets bad in the summer months, early fall is about the best.
Thanks for both the suggestions!

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I grew up in the Redwood Forest area, Humboldt County CA. September is probably about the best time of year to visit as far as weather and tourist traffic go. I was just down there the end of February to see me mom and mother in law. If you need any ideas on places to see ask away.

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Two votes for going in the fall, point taken. still doesn’t answer my, who wants to do a cool over landing trip on 4th of July?

Jeff Lloyd

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
Member #

We are going to go on the WABDR since the oregon trip was canceled. Starting July 2nd. Pick up the trail around twisp and head south. Anyone is welcome to come with.

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

We are going to go on the WABDR since the oregon trip was canceled. Starting July 2nd. Pick up the trail around twisp and head south. Anyone is welcome to come with.
WABDR looks cool, do you have the plan documented yet? I’d be interested in seeing what the plan is and passing it along to my wife to see if she’s interested.

Jeff Lloyd

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
Member #

WABDR looks cool, do you have the plan documented yet? I’d be interested in seeing what the plan is and passing it along to my wife to see if she’s interested.
We plan on leaving the Sedro Woolley area on the morning of the 2nd. Then catching up to the BDR east of twisp off of hwy 20 and heading south. We don't have a set plan as far as distance to travel every day, etc. We just want to see as much as possible and take it easy. We are pretty flexible as far as travel plans go.

ChambersFamily

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Plains, OR, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Chambers
Member #

We are heading out to the Alvord Desert, never been, stopping in Fields, hopefully finding a hot spring, Leslie Gulch Rd, Jordan craters.