Enthusiast I

Carpinteria, Santa Barbara County, California, United States
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Lieder
Member #

Hello,
Brand new member here! Need some help planning. Just finished a rig build and we’re ready to launch. Today is officially the first day of our three week vacation. Only problem is, I’ve been so busy building, I neglected the most important part, route planning! I have a subscription to OnX but haven’t spent anytime OnIt. Lol.

Anyways, Supposed to be launching today. We’re packed and ready just no place to go. I have a general plan but that it’s.

Here’s my plan: leave Santa Barbara, ca. head south on 101 to the 15 through Nevada and Utah and Colorado. Head up to Wyoming and visit the grand Tetons. Then head over to Idaho, Washington and then down the west coast through Washington, Oregon and then back down California. Probably a bit ambitious for a first trip. But, that’s me. Let’s do this! Dive in! Get dirty and see what happens! I like to be around water. Big rushing rivers, lakes and streams and pine trees have always attracted me since childhood. I grew up bow hunting in the Sierra Nevadas and my father would always find the most amazing places to camp. They were Always near water.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Hope to see you on a trail!

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
Brand new member here! Need some help planning. Just finished a rig build and we’re ready to launch. Today is officially the first day of our three week vacation. Only problem is, I’ve been so busy building, I neglected the most important part, route planning! I have a subscription to OnX but haven’t spent anytime OnIt. Lol.

Anyways, Supposed to be launching today. We’re packed and ready just no place to go. I have a general plan but that it’s.

Here’s my plan: leave Santa Barbara, ca. head south on 101 to the 15 through Nevada and Utah and Colorado. Head up to Wyoming and visit the grand Tetons. Then head over to Idaho, Washington and then down the west coast through Washington, Oregon and then back down California. Probably a bit ambitious for a first trip. But, that’s me. Let’s do this! Dive in! Get dirty and see what happens! I like to be around water. Big rushing rivers, lakes and streams and pine trees have always attracted me since childhood. I grew up bow hunting in the Sierra Nevadas and my father would always find the most amazing places to camp. They were Always near water.

Sounds like a great trip, you should look at the app map and check out camping locations on your route.
In Utah, Colorado, Wyoming contact the Regional Director @Neal A. Tew he can get you going in the right direction.
In Idaho, Washington & Oregon contact @M Rose (Mike Rose)

If you have any questions dont hesitate to contact me.
Forum @Kent R or email Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: 4willing

4willing

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Carpinteria, Santa Barbara County, California, United States
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Lieder
Member #

Hello,

Sounds like a great trip, you should look at the app map and check out camping locations on your route.
In Utah, Colorado, Wyoming contact the Regional Director @Neal A. Tew he can get you going in the right direction.
In Idaho, Washington & Oregon contact @M Rose (Mike Rose)

If you have any questions dont hesitate to contact me.
Forum @Kent R or email Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thanks Kent!

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

It looks like you got your plan. This is your trip and I would get not caught up with rules that are self imposed. If you like a spot, stay a day or explore it a bit more. You can always pull the plug on some spot to. I would get ioverlander APP for camping spots.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4willing

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello,

You have a great general plan.. use OB1 to find trails, recourses, and camp spots in the areas you want to travel.

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

Lots of territory, are you set up for offroad or are you confined to pavement? I'm more of a take the pavement somewhere and then get offroad to explore. You can find stuff to look at on some of the paper Road Atlas's. Some times it's nice to knock out the big attractions like Grand Canyon, Zion, etc early so you don't miss them. Have fun is the main goal!