Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

GAMETIME!

This is an overnight group trip to Brown Mountain OHV near Pisgah National Forest. The plan is to meet in the Charlotte area, convoy to Brown Mountain, offroad to the top and stop for a lunch break, finish the trail, descend into the Beech Mountain area to camp for the night.

There is options for those of you who are no keen on taking your vehicle onto the trails because of skill level or vehicle size. You can park your vehicle and hitch a ride with someone else!

OFF-ROAD INFORMATION:
This is mild to medium to off-road so most vehicles and skill levels can handle it. We have skilled spotters, so if you are inexperienced and want to learn this is your chance! The best way to figure out what modifications your vehicle need is to hit the trails and test the limits. There are bypasses for obstacles if needed. FULL SIZED guys may want to leave their rigs in the parking lot, it can get tight.

You will responsible for your own food, and water. Alcohol is not permitted on the trails and TREAD LIGHTLY principles will be upheld. You may have alcohol at camp, be responsible.

Dogs and kids are welcomed but must be friendly. Leave your psychopath dogs at home please! You are responsible for keeping up with your dogs and kids!

View Rally Point
Reactions: Mattopalmer

Qmed Joe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fleetwood, NC, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
QMED
Member #

I’m going to hit going as I’m scheduled to be off ship and on my off time. If things change I’ll let y’all know!

dougie117

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Definitely bummed I'll be missing this. I've been registered to run the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston that weekend. I'll be looking for this to happen again as I've never done Brown Mtn nor have I ever participated in a meet up. This would have been perfect but alas! Familiar with Pisgah (named my dog that, actually).

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

We will be meeting at South 21 in Matthews< NC at 8:00 AM to drive up to Brown Mountain. If you arent in the South Charlotte area don't feel obligated to have to meet us

NC Sasquatch

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

NC Foothills
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Luster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4LNR
We will be meeting at South 21 in Matthews< NC at 8:00 AM to drive up to Brown Mountain. If you arent in the South Charlotte area don't feel obligated to have to meet us
Are you heading to the parking lot on Brown mountain beach road on the 181 side?

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

1610 Brown Mountain Beach Rd, Morganton, NC 28655

NC Sasquatch

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

NC Foothills
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Luster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4LNR
I’ll probably be at the old Kmart parking lot on N Greene in Morganton that morning for people that will be meeting up that way. There’s a store across the road thats listed that you can buy your OHV pass and there is also a Food Lion in that parking lot for ice or drinks or whatever. That parking lot is maybe 15 minutes from the trail lot so it’s about as good as any and I know there’s good cell service in case the Charlotte crew gets behind to reach out.

Reactions: GroundedLP

Casey Craven

Rank II

Advocate I

Lenoir, NC, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Craven
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4CPC
I’ll probably be at the old Kmart parking lot on N Greene in Morganton that morning for people that will be meeting up that way. There’s a store across the road thats listed that you can buy your OHV pass and there is also a Food Lion in that parking lot for ice or drinks or whatever. That parking lot is maybe 15 minutes from the trail lot so it’s about as good as any and I know there’s good cell service in case the Charlotte crew gets behind to reach out.
That store keeps weird hours. Would be a good idea to confirm they will be open. The general store in Colletsville also sells passes, and they are open every day