Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Concord, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buck
Member #

I'm up for all of it. I'm in Concord NC. I would need to know 4 weeks out so I can put in for it off work.

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

Maybe pick two weekends in a row? That way if first is calling for rain, we can hopefully roll to next. But, as much as it has been raining on the weekend, going to be hard to find a dry one! Might want to make a month or so out to give time to schedule in? Or just meet up and do a day ride and dinner, first time out?

Last edited:

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I’m down for that if my rav4 can handle it if not I can just make a different trip out of it. I got the same capabilities as a Subaru.
Youre RAV shouldn't have any trouble. None of the OHV trails are open this time of year.

I am going to set up and get together in the Charlotte area to get a true feel for participation and do some group trip planning. I will post it by the end of the night. I am going for something around lunch so people who are coming from other parts of the state do not have to wake up at the crack of dawn.

Get your trucks shined up and bring your cameras!

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/charlotte-overland-bound-meet-up/

RALLY POINT SET!!

PLEASE RSVP!

We will be planning our next group trip at the meet-up (hopefully) so if you have ideas please bring them. Maps, tablets, and other trip planning tools are a plus!

Shine your truck and come out. This event is not weather dependent because we can meet inside. Super laid back.

If you cant make it do not fret because you are from out of town! This is just the start! As the weather warms up the adventures will expand!

Dyrtybyrd

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Randleman, NC
Member #

Grandfather Ranger District is showing FSR 106 is closed for the seasonal closure. If I did NC-Troopers’s coordinates correct, I believe that group spot is at the end of 106.

justjames

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Member #

Grandfather Ranger District is showing FSR 106 is closed for the seasonal closure. If I did NC-Troopers’s coordinates correct, I believe that group spot is at the end of 106.
I think you're correct about FSR 106 being the group site NC-Trooper mentioned. I've spent a fair amount of time in this area in the last couple years and have rarely found 106 open. As GunDude stated, there are several sites further north on Old 105 and most will have great views down into the gorge this time of year.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

THANKS EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT TODAY! It was awesome meeting all of you and seeing some familiar faces.

Photos I took are below:

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/charlotte-overland-bound-meet-up-02-16-2019.22144/#post-303297

NOTES:
- Brown Mountain OHV trip is next up!- working on specific dates and time.

- Group Roles- as we continue we start to learn each others strengths and we can start sharing the load on the planning process and during trips.

- Communications- we need to work towards getting universal set of communications for trail rides anf convoys (HAM, CB, etc.)

anything else?

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

THANKS EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT TODAY! It was awesome meeting all of you and seeing some familiar faces.

Photos I took are below:

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/charlotte-overland-bound-meet-up-02-16-2019.22144/#post-303297

NOTES:
- Brown Mountain OHV trip is next up!- working on specific dates and time.

- Group Roles- as we continue we start to learn each others strengths and we can start sharing the load on the planning process and during trips.

- Communications- we need to work towards getting universal set of communications for trail rides anf convoys (HAM, CB, etc.)

anything else?
Just make sure there is a Jeep there to get stuck vehicle out. Lol

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

The Jeep recovers stuff out on the trails. It's the normal day to day roads that seems to get the Jeeps.

This is covering from a recovering Jeep guy.