Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Rion
Last Name
H
Member #

I know you can get National Parks stamps but does anyone get the Forest stamps?

I'd imagine you have to hit the ranger station or head office for it. Anyone have any more insight? Think it'd be cool to do even if it's more of a hassle.

Reactions: Snapspinner

JoeG

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Keller, TX
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Gomez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5KME
I recently visited Mt. Nebo, AR. We stopped by the visitors center and found a national parks passport sold there. Sure enough our 6yrs. Old had to have one and collected his first stamp. The passport has locations by region and information on other parks as well. Most stamps are on the counter for customer self-service.

Good luck collecting your stamps.

Aequitas1916

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Weet
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
I haven't seen national forest stamps. I collect the parks stamps and have just been buying decals on redbubble for the national forests I visit.

I did have an occasion to visit a ranger station for the Arapaho-Roosevelt National Forest. They didn't have anything like that there. Just some MVUMs and other assorted print material. Oh and free trash bags for policing up your campsite.

Wyrickb

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Rockwall, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wyrick
Member #

Not Sure if the national forests are the same, but the padre island national seashore has a junior ranger program and gave my kids a patch for picking up litter, they now have patches in rig so that was cool.

Reactions: probablytheguy

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Maine has a State Park Stamp program also. My boys really enjoyed it. Some of the stamps are at the counter of the ranger station. Others where at a self service kiosk or just a box. The Passport has different rewards for amount of Parks visited.

Unfortunately some of the stamp / locations where lessons in human behavior. My boys were disappointed at a couple of the self service kiosks because people had stolen the Stamp. As my oldest said "Why do people have to be mean. They probably just lost it or threw it away. They should be put in Time Out"

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

My parents collect them and my mom has a notebook full of them. Typically ranger stations will know where you need to go if you call but frequently, national forests have their stamps in centralized spots or at some station outside the forest.

Snapspinner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fuquay-Varina, NC, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Whipple
Member #

North Carolina has a stamp program and a passport booklet for their state parks. You can email a pic of your passport after every 10 parks you visit and get some swag. Pretty nice program. Getting a passport and stamps might be hard due to most of the visitor centers being closed now.

asummer

Rank 0

Contributor I

Georgia
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Summerlin
Download the Passport app and it will tell you all the locations where you can stamp your passport.