St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
So I'm wanting to organize our next meet-up, wanted to get everyone together to discuss some of the stuff Kent brought up this weekend more in depth as a group. I have a few places in mind, and am looking for more ideas! The first place I was thinking was Prescott Beach off of Highway 30, plenty of space for us to gather the rigs, but there's a small day use fee (I think it's $5 or thereabouts, I'll double check). Another idea is I know of a few wide open places in the Tillamook State Forest that are easily accessible even by a stock fwd car.

My thought is a potluck would be fun, we can bring and cook a bunch of those big Costco franks, everyone else can bring drinks, sides, desserts, etc.

Thoughts? I want to get a rally point up asap so people can plan for it!
-Steven

Edit:
Rally Point is up, please RSVP!
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/n-oregon-and-s-washington-potluck/

Rally Point Discussion
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/n-oregon-and-s-washington-potluck-10-20-2018.19438/

Last edited:

Hugo Aquino Jr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA.
Member #

Sounds great, i can bring my camp chef 2 burner stove and a table if anything needs to be cooked or anything else, i am available only on weekends so count me in for any help.

Reactions: Spud and Jedi

PB&Me

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland, Oregon
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Merges
Member #

I’m interested as well, weekends work for me except Oct 13-14 when we go crabbing. Either locale is fine too.

Any chance we could do some form of training as well? Could be simple stuff, experimenting with different recovery gear, showing how a ham radio works etc.

Reactions: Spud and Jedi

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
I would be interested, going to be busy traveling Oct 24th thru November 8th. Prescott Beach sounds fun for family. Tillamook wold be nice with a run short run in the forest either before or after the potluck.

Reactions: Spud

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
I’m interested as well, weekends work for me except Oct 13-14 when we go crabbing. Either locale is fine too.

Any chance we could do some form of training as well? Could be simple stuff, experimenting with different recovery gear, showing how a ham radio works etc.
Training will definitely be a part of the meet ups, probably nothing formal for this one as I think we need to gather as a group and compile a list of training we would like to have as priority. If there's interest I can do a basic how-to on winching at this one perhaps.

Reactions: PB&Me

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
What's everyone think of October 20th as a date?

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
What's everyone think of October 20th as a date?
Sounds perfect to me for a meet up on the beach. I was talking with Kent also and think the training is a fantastic idea. His training classes he has set up for his Sierra Group is a great thing to strive for. A basic training on winching and recovery is a great idea.

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
I'll go to the beach tomorrow and get you guys some pictures and nail down the day use fee, sounds like we've got a rough idea for a plan here!

CJ Turner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member I

Washougal WA
First Name
Colby
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Sounds perfect to me for a meet up on the beach. I was talking with Kent also and think the training is a fantastic idea. His training classes he has set up for his Sierra Group is a great thing to strive for. A basic training on winching and recovery is a great idea.
I volenteer to get stuck! I have the least amount of tow points and the least amount of capability. Will make for good trailing and thinking out if the box for when perfect tow points arnt there. But i still have plenty of tow points just sayin.

The Nothing

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

pdx, or
First Name
Isaac
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BSB
I can try to make arrangements for that day. I drove by Prescott this last week and realized I hadn't been down there in years. Good looking place for a hang out as long as there aren't any fish running.

Reactions: Jedi and Spud

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
Alright guys, I'll be posting the rally point here pretty soon. I drove out to Prescott Beach to make sure this was going to work for us and it definitely will. There's restrooms, a covered picnic area if the weather is sour, but also a nice big parking area on the beach that I think will be excellent as well. There is a $5 day use fee everyone will need to pay. 20180924_120519.jpeg20180924_115815.jpeg20180924_115653.jpeg

CJ Turner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member I

Washougal WA
First Name
Colby
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Alright guys, I'll be posting the rally point here pretty soon. I drove out to Prescott Beach to make sure this was going to work for us and it definitely will. There's restrooms, a covered picnic area if the weather is sour, but also a nice big parking area on the beach that I think will be excellent as well. There is a $5 day use fee everyone will need to pay. View attachment 69925View attachment 69926View attachment 69927
Sounds perfect! Cant wait!