Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sparks, NV
First Name
JP
Last Name
Moser
Member #

Found this trailer for $1500.00. It was a great price and did a couple of additions to it. Its a great trailer but it bounces quite a bit down trails and it gets pretty annoying.

I've heard there is independent suspension systems for trailers. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does it actually help?

IMG_0523.JPG IMG_0523.JPG IMG_0524.JPG IMG_0693.JPG IMG_1017.JPG

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Looks like you got a smoking deal...nice find. I have never had an issue with the stock suspension on my CDN M101 and it tracks like a champ behind my 04 Rubicon both on and off-road. Are the shocks installed?

Reactions: Dunco

DesertRat775

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sparks, NV
First Name
JP
Last Name
Moser
Member #

Looks like you got a smoking deal...nice find. I have never had an issue with the stock suspension on my CDN M101 and it tracks like a champ behind my 04 Rubicon both on and off-road. Are the shocks installed?
No shocks, just leaf springs. I saw your trailer and it is sweet!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Last edited:

DesertRat775

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sparks, NV
First Name
JP
Last Name
Moser
Member #

I have the timbren axle-less trailer suspension in mine and it works great no bouncing even with the trailer empty and it provides so much ground clearance so far I love it and will not ever go back to leaf sprung axles.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using OB Talk mobile app
Wow! I gonna have to look into this. No shocks and no air bags. Whats the weight limit on these things?

Sam Wedzinga

Rank III

Advocate II

I have the 3500 hd long spindle witch is a 5600 axle stubs. I only had the option to run a 6 bolt or an 8 bolt pattern with this. I should have gone with the 2800 hd long spindle then I could have matched the bolt pattern of my jeep. Take a look at their website and call the tech line they were great help for me. They have a video or 2 there as well showing how it works the rear rubber block is your spring the front block is your shock works great I think

Reactions: The_Just

DesertRat775

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sparks, NV
First Name
JP
Last Name
Moser
Member #

I have the 3500 hd long spindle witch is a 5600 axle stubs. I only had the option to run a 6 bolt or an 8 bolt pattern with this. I should have gone with the 2800 hd long spindle then I could have matched the bolt pattern of my jeep. Take a look at their website and call the tech line they were great help for me. They have a video or 2 there as well showing how it works the rear rubber block is your spring the front block is your shock works great I think

I'll call next week. Thank you for the info. I'm pretty stoked about this. Everything I have read this morning on this suspension has been positive.

Reactions: Sam Wedzinga