My little blue trailer

• HTML tutorial

Harwood39

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fargo, ND
Member #

So, I was searching all over for a nice little base trailer to start my overland build off of when a guy near me was selling a fresh built utility trailer. He built it to replicate the old military half to trailers using Jeep rear corners and tail gate. It has a swivel coupler, I painted it to match my Crosstrek. I will be adding a RTT, deep cycle battery charged off solar, air compressor/tank, and a spare tire. I already have most of the electrical ran, using pipes as crossbars to mount the tent to giving me the perfect amount of storage height underneath for gear boxes, and a pickup bed spare tire mount. All in it's been a pretty simple little project.

Sent from my S60 using OB Talk mobile app

Harwood39

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fargo, ND
Member #

Mounted the solar panel tonight. 50 watt panel. Controller in mounted in the battery box. Now to just mount and wire the LED work lights, drop in a battery, and mount a compressor to it.

Reactions: Captain Chaos

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

are you going to install a fuse block? I suggest you should keep your electrical safe. 12v outlet ports you should have 14ga. wire, USB ports should be 14 ga. also. You might want to consider adding a battery shut switch also & add fuse from your small solar panel to your charge controller. This will only add more safety.

Harwood39

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fargo, ND
Member #

are you going to install a fuse block? I suggest you should keep your electrical safe. 12v outlet ports you should have 14ga. wire, USB ports should be 14 ga. also. You might want to consider adding a battery shut switch also & add fuse from your small solar panel to your charge controller. This will only add more safety.
Everything is fused individually. Everything is also 12ga double insulated 2 wire cable.