Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

Following you on your journey. This is a vehicle I am looking at in the future for my wife.

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Also installed LED lights under the frame that are wired to the OEM running board vanity wiring harness. Pictures to follow.
Nice! Where'd buy get the LEDs? I just ordered some sliders for my GX and plan on doing something similar with the courtesy lights.

Mima

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Evergreen, Colorado, United States
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Shenkman
Member #

I used the old wiring harness, cleaned the wires, clipped all the terminals except for the wire that attaches to vehicle power and replaced them with the above plugs. Lessons learned:
1) Cut the wires back several feet or you will have LOTS of excess.
2) Clean the frame mounting locations with soap and water and let dry.
3) I used 30sec super glue to initially adhere the strips. Once they cured I applied a bead of waterproof epoxy to the tops and bottoms of the strips.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Arailt

Mima

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Evergreen, Colorado, United States
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Shenkman
Member #

Long time since the last post. Ordered a Prado GX ARB bumper in October. When it arrived from Australia at the port in Jacksonville, FL, it was seized by customs for reasons unknown. ARB sent me another one and I received it about 3 weeks ago. Installed this weekend. Took about 12 hrs.

Important notes:

1) The instructions provided were almost useless. In the box was basically a big bag of bolts and other hardware along with the bumper, chassis mount, and armor.

2) You definitely need a buddy to help with the install. Once the Bar was mounted, it took several iterations of adjusting to get it to fit properly. The clearance issues were solely related to the hood being able to open and close. I’m talking maybe 10mm of clearance that had to be accounted for.

3) Expect to have to cut some brackets, body, fenders, relocate the A/C lines, and drill into the frame in a couple places. This seemed daunting at first but it turned out to be quite easy. Just time consuming.

4) Lastly, I purchased a pair of knockoff ARB intensity 10inch LED lights 6 months ago and mounted them to the stock bumper. Lots of hate from folks who say Chinese equipment is garbage. I have run them for the last 6 months with no issues. They have held up very well and perform spectacularly. I mounted them and they fit perfectly in the stock ARB off-road light holes. ***Funny thing, the OEM ARB fog lamps that came with the bar had a “made in China” sticker on them.***

I am by no means savvy in any respect when it comes to this type of thing and felt comfortable with the whole process. Just take your time.

Pictures of the finished product:

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk