Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Just checking with the Team, what is your preferred mounting options for cases on your roof racks?
I just picked up a Prinsu Roof Rack and Roam 95L cases for my Ram.
I will use the first case for Recovery Gear and additional First Aid and Fire suppression, the second case will be used for Fishing gear, dog supplies, and misc camping gear.

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

20201214_013703.jpg

In my instance, if you zoom in, you can see a couple of brackets I welded onto the sides of my roof rack to hold the cases. I also made custom U-bolts that wrap under the bars and come up through the bottom of the cases. Over the top is a welded-on chain that locks down to the outside of the rails.

I park in my garage at night, and on a military installation during the day, so I am not too worried about thieves except for the occasional extended Walmart run. Still, a thief would have to almost fully destroy the cases (as opposed to simply snipping the plastic around lock holes or cutting a tie-down to steal the cases entirely) to get much out of of them.

I have all my recovery gear in one, and the other is empty for travel storage.

Last edited:

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Thank you, this was helpful. Now let me know when I can place an order for the custom mounts - lol

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Just checking with the Team, what is your preferred mounting options for cases on your roof racks?
I just picked up a Prinsu Roof Rack and Roam 95L cases for my Ram.

I will use the first case for Recovery Gear and additional First Aid and Fire suppression, the second case will be used for Fishing gear, dog supplies, and misc camping gear.
Just added new Pelican cases to the mix; Pelican Vault cases for my Drone and Camera Gear, and a new Pelican Laptop Case

Attachments

Savin yours

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Brazoria
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Jones
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ZQC
I drilled holes in my Roam box. 6- 1/4” with fender washers and rubber washer(for waterproofing).

Attachments