US West Monthly Northbay meetup - Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Lake, Mendo.

• HTML tutorial

John_5

Rank I

Contributor III

Northern California, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Aliotti
I’ve done a fair amount of camping/backpacking most of my life, new to overlanding. Both personally and rig, (2018 Tacoma - no significant upgrades or modifications yet).

This seems a great starting point to meet people, and learn about Overland Bound, please let me know is I am making a bad assumption. See you soon.

John

Reactions: Speric and Ken M

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I’ve done a fair amount of camping/backpacking most of my life, new to overlanding. Both personally and rig, (2018 Tacoma - no significant upgrades or modifications yet).

This seems a great starting point to meet people, and learn about Overland Bound, please let me know is I am making a bad assumption. See you soon.

John
Welcome John!
We have a small, but core group forming up here. We've gone a couple of trips north to Mendo NF area and hope to do more.
Looking forward to meeting you.

FirenzeForza4x4

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Napa Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Apal
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SNX
Grrr...I keep missing stuff with other activities. This weekend it's cub scouts. Look forward to meeting up with some of you at the next one.

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Grrr...I keep missing stuff with other activities. This weekend it's cub scouts. Look forward to meeting up with some of you at the next one.
we'll keep having them. I'm hoping to plan another trip for August. Not sure where, but somewhere. I'll have my truck back after a 2 month hiatus waiting for it to get repaired after getting hit by another vehicle at the end of the last trip.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
we'll keep having them. I'm hoping to plan another trip for August. Not sure where, but somewhere. I'll have my truck back after a 2 month hiatus waiting for it to get repaired after getting hit by another vehicle at the end of the last trip.
That sucks, hope it turns out ok

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I would be interested in joining weekend trips closer to Sonoma County. I'm working full time and its difficult to get away mid-week.
We've done a couple of trips 2-3 day trips just north of here in Mendocino NF/Snow Mountain NM area. They're both only about 1.5 hours from Santa Rosa. Most of us work full-time, so we understand the time constraints.

Reactions: BullNV

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Unfortunately I’ve been called into work tomorrow and won’t be able to make it. But go and plan a trip!

Ken M

Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Had a family emergency come up and I won't be able to attend the meet up today.

I am up for another outing if one gets planned, but my next available time is last weekend in August.

Ken

Reactions: Speric

John_5

Rank I

Contributor III

Northern California, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Aliotti
Actually there were two of us, neither members of Overland Bound.
First off thanks to those who left regrets on this forum when plans changed. Knowing you are a small group, and seeing the comments from several people made it pretty easy to understand why an 'official' monthly meetup more or less evaporated.

Even with that happening I did enjoy talking to the couple I met. Spoke a little bit about our vehicles, places to go so I got something out of it.

I'll keep an eye out for the next one and hopefully be able to attend.

Reactions: Ken M and Speric

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Actually there were two of us, neither members of Overland Bound.
First off thanks to those who left regrets on this forum when plans changed. Knowing you are a small group, and seeing the comments from several people made it pretty easy to understand why an 'official' monthly meetup more or less evaporated.

Even with that happening I did enjoy talking to the couple I met. Spoke a little bit about our vehicles, places to go so I got something out of it.

I'll keep an eye out for the next one and hopefully be able to attend.
I appreciate you two showing up. Sorry I couldn't be there to welcome you both. I will look into setting something up again next month, whether it's another meet-up or even just an overnighter in Mendocino NF/Snow Mountain NF.

Reactions: Ken M

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Had a family emergency come up and I won't be able to attend the meet up today.

I am up for another outing if one gets planned, but my next available time is last weekend in August.

Ken
Hmmm, let me check with the planning committee.

Reactions: Ken M