ChrisG

Rank II

Traveler III

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Grant
Member #

I figured I’d post up a little project I knocked out on the LX. I actually mounted two cases today, one on my girlfriend’s Tundra which is fixed and subject to affect mileage negatively. The other negative is that while secure, bolting the case to the rack doesn’t allow you to easily bring it down and to the ground for easier access. I recently stumbled across Milwaukees packout lineup and am a staunch fan. In this case I’ve added recovery gear with everything having its own little home. The beauty of these cases is that they have a design on the bottom that allows them to lock into each other, or in my case a platform that has been bolted to the rack. This allows me to take the case on and off in a matter of seconds if needed allowing me to keep a low profile and keep weight down when running around town. While my LX isn’t a work truck, this would be great for somebody who has a dual purpose rig who wants to switch duties quickly. Hope you got a few ideas, and forgive my crusty cross bars.

Attachments

adv.fam.4

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Parker, Colorado, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Shorley
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
Thanks for sharing. I've just got a new rig and I'm trying to build out my new storage system. Keep us posted!

Reactions: ChrisG

ChrisG

Rank II

Traveler III

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Grant
Member #

It’s been working out great thus far, and items have stayed dry when it’s rained. Again, the advantage of this system is that I don’t keep it up there unless I need it, so I’m not riding around with it most of the time. But I have taken a few out of state trips, and it’s great not having bags or cases floating around the cargo area. Another thing I’ve done to ensure that it’s not going anywhere is to put two burgess around the case and tie them back to the pack out rack. You’ll notice 4 silver areas on the shorter edge of the mounting platform that make for a great place to put the loop end of the tie down. Good luck with your build.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
While I do not take advantage of the stacking/mounting options, I do use a couple of the packouts for storing spare parts and bush fix materials for the rigs. Love that they are secure, and little parts like nuts and bolts stay in the compartment they were put in even if the box takes a tumble. and the clear lid is a bonus.