Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, Tx USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Out here in Midland Texas however there aren’t many places to Overland Out here lemme know if y’all know of any good trails in the West Texas Area

Attachments

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Texas is pretty awful overall as far as off roading areas or dispersed camping. Less than 5 percent of the state is public land and only a faction of that is accessible via vehicle. Pretty much all of your off road options are designated off road parks which I do not enjoy at all.

Your closest best bet is going to be the Lincoln National Forrest about 4 hours away from your or Carson National Forrest about 6 hours away, both in New Mexico. I've been to both and if I've gotta free long weekend I'm more likely to go to one of those over something like Big Bend.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Out here in Midland Texas however there aren’t many places to Overland Out here lemme know if y’all know of any good trails in the West Texas Area
South of I-10 from Big Bend to El Paso there are some pretty decent trails. I would look into some trails in Guadalupe mountains and NW into New Mexico. There is a dirt road that follows the Rio Grande from Big Bend all the way to El Paso that I've used for hunting deer for 60 years. You can Google map it for more info.

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

Chispa road is supposed to be very challenging. Van Horn to Candelaria, it's a public road surrounded by private land, so no camping along it.
Big Bend Ranch State Park has great camping with hardly a soul in site. Great trails to explore the park on.

WolfCamp Offroad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, Tx USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Just attended Rigs and Coffee meet up in Lubbock recently. Would Love to do more Meets like that hopefully in the Midland/Odessa area anyone have any ideas of where we could have it would be great to start building the OB community out this way.

Let me know what y'all think
IMG_1674.jpg

Reactions: TexasLandman