Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

After the awesome Mid Europe Spring Meetups this and last year, I have already arranged for 2024 that we will be again on the beautiful place in the Odenwald. So, save the date and register here via RSVP in the Rally Point. The places are limited for the known reasons as always. Limit is 20 rigs max.

Let's make this a great meetup together again. It´s still a little time but I am already looking forward to it.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
All further information and of course again a nice program will come in due time. So, the meetup will be characterized by enjoying the great outdoors together, good conversations around the campfire and some education regarding overlanding skills.

Tthe last meetups we had great workshops and round table discussions. Be it first aid skills, CPR training, heating solutions, microgoaling, trail repairs, tire repair workshop, and much more. I would like to invite everyone who likes to pick a topic that would be interesting to hear about and write it into a comment. Thank you.

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Thanks for organising this amazing event again.
I could contribute first aid again. Topic can be everything from airway management to X-Ray suitable immobilisation.

And should we do a CPR refresher?

I would be interested or could also provide a fire starter workshop.

I am super excited…

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
The RP is just online and already almost half of the places are already taken. That's super great.

And there are even volunteers for exciting workshops already. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Lupus_ravus

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
It won't be long now. I'm delighted that we've found another volunteer for workshops. This year we will deal with (1) Stopping life-threatening bleeding with @XC70_OVERLANDER and @El-Dracho , (2) Making fire - techniques and rules of conduct with @Moritz Jung and @Oligetorix and (3) Outdoor navigation and finding your way in nature with @NotGumby .

So bring your questions, equipment and ideas on these topics and look forward to an informative time. Thanks in advance to all who contribute.

I'm looking forward to the meeting and a great time with you!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Yippee, only a few days to go until this year's Spring Meetup. I have sent out important information to all attendees. It's going to be great again, we have some awesome workshops this year and I'm sure there will be lots of great conversations around the campfire. One more idea - what do you think if we do a book swap with overlanding, offroad and travel books?

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Hey guys, sorry for being late with the weather forecast!

What do we expect?
We will have a cloudy Friday and expect some light rain in the afternoon with temperatures slightly above 10° C and around 5°C at night, most likely we will have changing winds due to big air masses moving over Germany.

Saturday will be quite sunny with some clouds and there should be no rain at all, temperatures will vary from 15-20°C depending on actual sunshine with around 10°C at night. We have a low chance of thunderstorms for the evening but they will most likely, stay farther north.

Sunday will be mostly cloudy with slightly lower temperatures as well, it's already getting windy and less stable again with some air moving in.

Hope that information is helpful for some of you.

See you soon and safe travels!

Lupus_ravus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bornem, Antwerp, Belgium
First Name
Yjan
Last Name
Van Dijck
Member #

Hey guys, sorry for being late with the weather forecast!

What do we expect?
We will have a cloudy Friday and expect some light rain in the afternoon with temperatures slightly above 10° C and around 5°C at night, most likely we will have changing winds due to big air masses moving over Germany.

Saturday will be quite sunny with some clouds and there should be no rain at all, temperatures will vary from 15-20°C depending on actual sunshine with around 10°C at night. We have a low chance of thunderstorms for the evening but they will most likely, stay farther north.

Sunday will be mostly cloudy with slightly lower temperatures as well, it's already getting windy and less stable again with some air moving in.

Hope that information is helpful for some of you.

See you soon and safe travels!
So sorry..!!..
I’m going to miss all you guys…!!..
See you very soon…!!!!
Grts Yjan