Rank II

Contributor II

Attica, New York, United States
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Everett
Member #

So I’ve recently purchased a butler motorcycle map of the best unpaved roads from Tennessee to New York. I’m wondering if anyone has had any experience on the mid Atlantic trails before? And what to expect? I don’t imagine it being to much for a lightly upgraded full size truck. This map provides a ton of information just seeing if anyone has personal experience on the trail or maybe even using the map?

Attachments

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I have lots of threads on the forum about the area the route goes through Central Pennsylvania. Just search my name

When I was looking at the route, they missed so much dirt in Central PA. So I made my own routes through the area.

I use a stock RAM 2500 and a stock Jeep Cherokee Limited and have had no trouble on any of the roads through here.

Some have said the begining and the end is the most challenging...but, I would bet any stock truck with decent tires and a knowledgeable driver can easily complete it.

Anxious to hear how you like the trip.

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

You’re likely to get some pinstriping on some of the route through Washington/ Jefferson Nat Forests in VA and WV. Most of the route through MD ( except for Greenridge State Forest) and the eastern panhandle of WV is paved. Not much gravel or public land through there.

Krusty

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Richmond, Virginia, USA
First Name
brian
Last Name
columbo
Member #

Have you done your trip yet? I'm planning to do that exact thing this summer. Truck is in the body shop at the moment repairing damage from a rear ender in March. If you haven't do I'd be interested in traveling with ya. I'm taking off from work late July. If you did go already I'd love to hear your overall impression of it

Reactions: DevilDodge