Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I'm in Cyprus and had a similar situation. Membership gear was sent out mid December but did not receive it until mid Jan and then I had to go and collect it and pay €20 customs for the pleasure.
I would wait a little longer as no way to track it after it leaves US.
If still not received in couple of weeks email Corrie and let them know.
Couple of days after i emailed to say mine had not arrived and they were about to send out replacement mine did arrive so pretty sure UK mail is better than Cyprus so just a snarl up that needs to clear I'm sure
I've been to Post Office and they have nothing for me. Received nothing from the Customs people so my assumption my gear is lost. I'm going to give it another week or do just in case it shows. Otherwise I'll have to wait until pay day and I might consider ordering a new tshirt. I'm not sure I'm going to pay for replacement discs though.

Reactions: Michael

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
I've been to Post Office and they have nothing for me. Received nothing from the Customs people so my assumption my gear is lost. I'm going to give it another week or do just in case it shows. Otherwise I'll have to wait until pay day and I might consider ordering a new tshirt. I'm not sure I'm going to pay for replacement discs though.
If lost in the post Corrie and the guys send out replacement free at least that is what they were preparing to do with mine but it finally turned up so email Megin who sorted things out and let her know. Megin was a star and you can email her at info@overlandbound.com

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: Corrie and Michael

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

If lost in the post Corrie and the guys send out replacement free at least that is what they were preparing to do with mine but it finally turned up so email Megin who sorted things out and let her know. Megin was a star and you can email her at info@overlandbound.com

I'm going to wait a while. I don't want them to think in trying it on. It will probably turn up.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
I'm going to wait a while. I don't want them to think in trying it on. It will probably turn up.
Must be a British thing because I was exactly the same, we hate to make a scene. But yes give it another couple weeks I would say and like I said Megin was brilliant.

Good luck

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Reactions: Polaris Overland

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Hey guys, thank you for your patience and for working with us on this. I'll discuss with @MeginOBTeam and @Corrie and to see if there are other shipping options, but as @Polaris Overland mentioned, we will send a replacement if it does not show, or if it is not in tip top condition when it does show. Thanks!
Many thanks for your understanding but I'll keep on waiting for a while. My guess is that it's still en-route. (Probably doing some sightseeing).
Cheers all

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Many thanks for your understanding but I'll keep on waiting for a while. My guess is that it's still en-route. (Probably doing some sightseeing).
Cheers all
I like that you framed your package as 'sightseeing' and not lost. :tearsofjoy:

In all seriousness, I'm putting you in our follow up cue so we can continue to monitor and be in contact! If it doesn't show up, we reship.

We're currently talking with a company that specializes in International delivery, and one of the services they offer is called "Last Mile Labeling", which means, we print the label and customs forms for the carrier who delivers locally (vs a USPS label we print here in the states).

It's time we upped our international shipping game. Thank you for your patience!!

Corrie

cc: @Michael @MeginOBTeam

AgentChuck

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gallup, New Mexico
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Wommack
Member #

Heyo, I placed my order for the two emblems, shirt, and stickers a couple days ago, can I get my profile updated while I wait for the badges to arrive?

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Thanks so much for the support! We really appreciate it. We are continually amazed at the support and the impact Overland Bound Members have on the Overlanding community and movement world-wide. It's amazing!

I'll be the first to admit, membership, support, emblems, web site log-ins are NOT simple (yet) with Overland Bound. This is one of our top priorities in 2016. We will make this SIMPLE as we can. Here is an explanation of the different membership and support options:
  1. Members: This is the primary way to support us, and become a member of our crew! By purchasing an emblem, you get a unique member number that is your forever and all time. Since you can order from the store, OR in the forums, we have a manual process to update forum users with all member benefits. These benefits include:
    • 2-3/8″ Dia. Solid metal
    • Permanent adhesive back
    • Each numbered and registered to its owner
    • Signed certificate of authenticity included
    • A special Member banner on your forum profile
    • A special badge in the forums that identifies you as a "Supporter" for six months
    • Private access to the "Overland Bound Supporter" Forum for six months
  2. Supporters: This is for people to support the cost of the website and forums. It's a $3.99 re-occurring monthly payment to help us keep the lights on. We've committed to NOT having advertisements in the forums, so this is a voluntary way to help us out. That is why, with the member purchase, the supporter badge is a 6 month thing, not a lifetime thing.
  3. Contributor: Some people want to just slip us a $20 as a thank you, but don't want the reoccurring payment. This is for them! It includes Supporter Member Forum privileges for 6 Months
  4. Ultimate Member Pack: This is a discount for people who want to go, "all-in", AND many people want two badges. It includes a T-Shirt and Stickers as well. It is actually much easier from a production standpoint (and cheaper) to manufacture the emblems at the same time, so we offer a discount with this package.
I hope this answers your questions, and thanks again for your interest and support. I think we are on to great things! If you have other questions, let us know!

Michael and @CorrieOB
I just noticed tonight that the 9000th member just signed up on the forum!:grinning:
9000.jpg

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
That is cool, but how many are actually active here?
Not sure. Just like everything else, I guess that some people are active for a while, then they go off to do something else but they might return from time to time to check in and have a look to see what has happened in their absence. People also become members so that they can read all the threads without contributing to any of the conversations. I know that I was a reader for quite a while before I started becoming more active in the forums. I'm having a great time.

Reactions: PapaPaul

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Not sure. Just like everything else, I guess that some people are active for a while, then they go off to do something else but they might return from time to time to check in and have a look to see what has happened in their absence. People also become members so that they can read all the threads without contributing to any of the conversations. I know that I was a reader for quite a while before I started becoming more active in the forums. I'm having a great time.
I must admit that I have been a member of "other" forums but none have matched this one. I have given up on the other forums where I discovered that other members would not entertain a newbies questioned until they have "proved themselves" as worthy of a senior members attention. I call it snobbery. As for OB I have discovered that almost everyone is accepting of everyone else.

I'm looking forward to meeting another member out and about somewhere

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
I must admit that I have been a member of "other" forums but none have matched this one. I have given up on the other forums where I discovered that other members would not entertain a newbies questioned until they have "proved themselves" as worthy of a senior members attention. I call it snobbery. As for OB I have discovered that almost everyone is accepting of everyone else.

I'm looking forward to meeting another member out and about somewhere
Agreed. I am a huge fan of OB too. It does not matter what you drive. Overlanding is vehicle-dependent travel. Just get out and see the world with friends and family. Make those special memories and share the experiences. There is a lot to see!

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Agreed. I am a huge fan of OB too. It does not matter what you drive. Overlanding is vehicle-dependent travel. Just get out and see the world with friends and family. Make those special memories and share the experiences. There is a lot to see!
I'd love to get myself away to Morocco for a trip but Senior Management (the wife) isn't keen on the idea. I grew up having camped in all sorts of places and even taught Survival (self sufficiency) in my spare time. may wife however has never been camping other than once when I managed to drag her away from the house. it is therefore going to take some convincing to take her on a long term trip living out of the Defender 90 I drive. I'd be away in minutes if I had the opportunity

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
I'd love to get myself away to Morocco for a trip but Senior Management (the wife) isn't keen on the idea. I grew up having camped in all sorts of places and even taught Survival (self sufficiency) in my spare time. may wife however has never been camping other than once when I managed to drag her away from the house. it is therefore going to take some convincing to take her on a long term trip living out of the Defender 90 I drive. I'd be away in minutes if I had the opportunity
Ha! I have the exact opposite problem. My wife loves camping but gets car sick and hates being in a car for too long. I would love it if she joined me on some of my trips. Once her cancer treatment is over and she begins to feel better, I will once again offer to drive her where ever she wants on weekend adventures.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Ha! I have the exact opposite problem. My wife loves camping but gets car sick and hates being in a car for too long. I would love it if she joined me on some of my trips. Once her cancer treatment is over and she begins to feel better, I will once again offer to drive her where ever she wants on weekend adventures.
I have all of my fingers and toes crossed that her treatment goes well. that awful disease took my mum away from me almost 7 years ago and it still feels like yesterday

Reactions: Sean S

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
I have all of my fingers and toes crossed that her treatment goes well. that awful disease took my mum away from me almost 7 years ago and it still feels like yesterday
Thanks Keith. I am sorry to read that you lost your mom to it. Today is another hospital day. It's nice to have access to this excellent forum so that I can take my mind off of things. Her treatments and surgeries have all gone really well so far. It was a huge shock though when she first had to go to emergency after feeling a lot of sudden pain during her lunch hour in work in early February. She's super-fit and loves to cycle long distance. There were no signs of anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.