Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Howzit!
My family and I are located in Western Washington, frequently out to the mountain loop highway outside of Granite Falls or to Tahuya (fun day trips!). We have two overlanding'ish vehicles to bring out to the trails, an 87 Landcruiser or a 16 4runner TRD PRO. We chose overlanding as our hobby/ life because it's so family friendly and we are able to see things many people do not.
Welcome! I'm on Whidbey Island. If you ever want to get out with a group, I know a few dudes--@jim lee, @rltennal, and @anthonydaub-- that would love to do a trip into the Casaceds. We have already started planning for late March/early April. I also have a family that I take with me, so [emoji1303]. Just message me if you want to do something.

Best Regards,
Gabriel Bozeman

P.S.
I love the Land Cruiser you have there. And the color scheme is fantastic!

Reactions: Magic Mike

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Rig: 2004 Chevy Suburban (just bought it yesterday, 2/19/2019)
Experience: Novice - always enjoyed camping, my wife might go with me if we don't have to sleep on the ground. :-)
My rig and my experience shall be a chronicled work in progress.
View attachment 86657
Always nice to welcome a fellow New Yorker (I'm just North of Syracuse) to OLB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi from Eastern Ontario! I hope larger trucks are welcome.
My rig is a Fully converted DAF T244 - UK Military 'GS' Spec - 1991

Started life like:

Many hours in 3D CAD:

Finished Product:

Experience: Drove from South Africa to the UK in a 1988 Toyota Hilux Overland Vehicle.

Looking forward to meeting up with like-minded people who enjoy the overland adventure.
Hello and welcome to OLB and the Canada - Central Region! It Doesn't Matter What You Drive...Big rigs are very welcome!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

There is a meetup schedule in your area on March 31st.
Click Here to view the Rally Point Event.

Looking for the Canada - Central Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/canada-central-qc-on.120/

Reactions: sabjku

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hey everyone! I am in the Oklahoma City area and recently bought a 2016 Ram Power Wagon. Hoping to make some memories with the wife and kids with it on the trails! It's been a while since I have had a 4x4 so this is something I have looked forward to for quite some time.
Welcome from Arizona!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome! I'm on Whidbey Island. If you ever want to get out with a group, I know a few dudes--@jim lee, @rltennal, and @anthonydaub-- that would love to do a trip into the Casaceds. We have already started planning for late March/early April. I also have a family that I take with me, so [emoji1303]. Just message me if you want to do something.

Best Regards,
Gabriel Bozeman

P.S.
I love the Land Cruiser you have there. And the color scheme is fantastic!
I’m from NORCAL but here on Whidbey Island ( love this place) for my daughters wedding!

AnywhereInTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRDP535
How do you like the bed rack and tent? I was looking into the same setup for my truck. Is it solid and how is the rack attached? I would appreciate another photo or two being posted.
I really like it. Downsides is it takes two people to setup it up.if you keep the tent and rack paired. GF is only 5'4" and petite so she isn't much help loading and unloading. Overall, I would buy it again though because the rack clamps to the bed and can be used in any truck (outside of a Rambox equipped Ram).

I'm debating about selling it though since I have just commissioned an overland trailer to be made for me. I'll have to dig through some photos to see if I have anything else.

HillBry1979

Rank 0

Traveler I

Always nice to welcome a fellow New Yorker (I'm just North of Syracuse) to OLB and the East Region!

Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/
Cool, thanks Hank!
My mom and my friends family actually lived/live in B'Ville.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors
Hello Overlanders,
Steve Brown from SilverSpring, MD here. I have been a camper since I was 2 yrs old. We camped in National Forest or State Park campgrounds. My brother and I have just started exploring the Overland camping in our XJ's. I look forward to meeting experienced Overland campers, so we can learn how and where to Overland travel and camp in the Mid Atlantic Area

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Overlanders,
Steve Brown from SilverSpring, MD here. I have been a camper since I was 2 yrs old. We camped in National Forest or State Park campgrounds. My brother and I have just started exploring the Overland camping in our XJ's. I look forward to meeting experienced Overland campers, so we can learn how and where to Overland travel and camp in the Mid Atlantic Area
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad your here! Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all just joined!!

Rig: 2019 4Runner TRD Off-road
Previous Rig: 2016 Tundra Crewmax
Exp: Novice

Looking to enhance the overlanding experience, going on amazing trips, and meeting new people
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad your here! Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

Reactions: BourbonRunner

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

I really like it. Downsides is it takes two people to setup it up.if you keep the tent and rack paired. GF is only 5'4" and petite so she isn't much help loading and unloading. Overall, I would buy it again though because the rack clamps to the bed and can be used in any truck (outside of a Rambox equipped Ram).

I'm debating about selling it though since I have just commissioned an overland trailer to be made for me. I'll have to dig through some photos to see if I have anything else.
No rush. I am thinking about going the other way. Having a trailer is nice (room, kitchen, etc) but you also have to tow it around all day which might be clumsy.

We bought a teardrop trailer in 2012, and even though it is nice, it is "another thing" to take care of.

2018-01-20_06-35-32.jpg

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello! Name is Nick. Glad to be among so many experienced and like minded people!

1) Best of the introductions is the pics!

2) Saint Louis, MO.
3) 1997 LX450
4) Id say i am intermediate. i have a decent history of rigs and camping!
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad your here! Great looking rig, make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups!