Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there,

New guy here:
Rig: 2020 LR Discovery V
Experience: novice in overlanding, lots of camping experience

Timing was just right that I was able to attend a LR owner experience event. Here are a couple of pixs, taken in Carmel, CA
Welcome to Overland Bound
If you could narrow down your location in the Bay Area our Member Rep will be able to help you better.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma Trd Off-Road (Stock for now)
Experience: I am a complete novice. I am just getting started and looking forward to getting out and exploring.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Scotland.
Long term traveler by motorcycle. Now enjoying my Ranger.
Welcome to Overland Bound.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @caspoint220
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: caspoint220

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Northern California here, looking to go on a few first time trips doing true overlanding. Experienced with camping and car camping only, but not offroad. No capable rig yet, explorer only which I don't want to bang up.

Looking to possibly rent a rig for our first 1 or 2 trips this year and next, to see how we like it, and what we like to drive.
Here is a link that might help you with finding a rental rig.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: jinja

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, a new member is here! I drive a Jeep Gladiator, first experience in the off-road world, born in Italy, but I live in northern Canada, I hope to find good advice! Good evening everybody
You should have no problem getting advice on the forum about the Gladiator (Swiss Army Knife of Overlanding) Just pose the question on several of the paiges that seem to fit the question.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Sherwood Park Alberta Canada
A bit about myself, enjoy the great outdoors camping hikes bikes skiing and adventure seeking. I have a 2004 Nissan Titan named Bubba which seems to keep my wallet empty and our RZR named the Earth Rover inspired by the Moon Rover a few KM,s over head. Look forward to the new year and more adventures
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
It’s great to see such a large and widespread community of overlanders here! I’ve always enjoyed camping, but it’s been some time since I’ve gotten out there. I’ve done some short adventure trips with my vehicle here and there, but it was a recent trip to Michigan’s UP that really got me itching for more overland adventures and wanting to take it to the next level. I’m eager to get out there with my vehicle and do some more exploring!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23

Reactions: ItchingForAdventure

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Sam here. Just moved out to Springfield Missouri. I've always been an avid camper when I lived in Southern California and wanted to add to the experience with my love for trucks. I was always a 4runner guy, mostly 1st and 2nd gens, but recently bought a 14 ram 1500. I've never but a vehicle from scratch looking forward to it with this truck. Im a novice when it comes to builds and off-road so any tips are very appreciated.
Welcome to Overland Bound Sam
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good evening OLB. Just getting my feet wet to these forums, but long time camper and new to overlanding (used to backpacking, so bringing all of the amenities is great!). Currently have a stock 4 door Geo Tracker and a Thule Tepui tent on it, but looking for something that's a little more comfortable/capable of driving longer distances and maintain highway speed in the hills, thankfully there's not many near me in Central Ohio! Looking forward to learning and sharing with like minded people.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Not a true 'over-lander',
but this Crosstrek has taken us places our old Honda wouldn''t have found. More adventures planned for 2021. I hope to learn from this group.

2019 Subaru Crosstrek
North East Illinois
No serious over-landing experience

View attachment 174998
Remember it doesn't matter what you drive here! You will find that the Crosstrek is very capable with some slight modifications and there are lots of Subaru owners here to help you.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23, @James.Laidlaw, @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! Glad to be here. My fiance and I live in Central VT and last winter acquired a 07 Ford F150, took it camping this summer in VT and NH, and were instantly hooked!! We chose to get rid of it due to mechanical problems, trade in one of our cars, and get a 2019 RAM 1500 Classic. Were waiting on the cap right now. We're hoping for a couple mild December nights to take it out!!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

New member here, I live in the SF Bay Area and have a fully built 99 Jeep WJ with 35’s built for rock crawling. I have a full build thread on Mallcrawlin but with kids and work overlanding has become more of the focus. Looking forward to sharing my build on here and getting ideas and tips on what to do next.
If you could narrow down your location a bit it would give our Member Representatives an idea of how to help.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi!
Brand-new member, but a long-time veteran of other enthusiast forums like ADVRider. I'm from Golden, Colorado and just got myself a 2011 Land Rover LR4 HSC that I am hoping to use to extend my range into my favorite mountain, canyon, and desert locations. Joined this forum to learn more about overlanding and how to ensure my vehicle will safe and capable when I travel beyond the interstate.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland

Stantonfamilytruckster

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Breinigsville, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stanton
Member #

New member just signed up today! I’m excited to be involved in the overlanding community. Me and my family (wife and two children) love being outdoors whether it be hiking, camping or off-road we love it. We have a 2017 jeep jku lifted 3.5 inches and 35 inch mud tires. We have a bunch of the other standard upgrades such as steel bumpers and other items as well. We love to help people and we are looking forward to being included in any meetups wheeling adventures or helping anyone in need. I have an super excited to have learned about the other members all over the world and to learn new things from everyone in this awesome community!

Cheers
Jim

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. New to the site, looking forward to learning new things about Overlanding.
I'm from Florida and have a moderate amount of off-road experience.
I don't take many pictures but here are a few.
2017 Ram 4x4 2500HD Cummins

View attachment 174971

View attachment 174970
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I didn’t know there was a name to what I’ve been doing over the years...going on adventures. Excited to have found this group and learning more. My wife and I just got back from a little weekend jaunt from Oklahoma to Utah and back. One night at Goosenecks State Park and another night in Valley of the Gods. I think she’s hooked on more adventures...now we’ve got to figure out how to do this with our five kids! The process of equipping my 03 Tahoe for all of our gear begins.......
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there from Vail Arizona,

Been "overlanding" for may years with different modes of transportation, From bicycles, through motorcycles to trucks.
My favorite rig was 1999 UZJ 100 that I bought new and start rigging for overland use right from the start. This truck was the pathfinder for the 100 series LC for many modifications. I was cruiser99 on mud back then.

Roll the clock forward many years and many life events later and I find myself trying to make a comically and freakishly large 2016 RAM 2500 work for this overlanding thingie. This truck started as a tow rig but life events slowly is transforming as vehicle dependent expedition rig with all the usual tires, suspension and camping mods. It is now able to sustain me/us for a couple of weeks of remote travel with all the necessary fuel, water, food, equipment....

At a moment of weakness I bought a Gladiator last year but it seating in the garage doing basically nothing.

Hope to make connections and be a contributing member here.

Doron.

View attachment 174938View attachment 174939
Welcome to Overland Bound Doron.
The gladiator has been called the Swiss Army Knife of Overlanding.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Daniel Williams
Central Illinois
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Been getting more into the Overlanding rather than the Trail riding. Slowly converting my vehicle over. Work in Process. Thanks for having me.
View attachment 174935
Welcome to Overland Bound Daniel
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23 & @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Denver! I’ve been enjoying off-roading and camping this year in my 2020 Wrangler Rubicon and look forward to picking up a small RV trailer to do longer backcountry trips
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r & @Fortis Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here, happy to be here from Maine.

We (mostly he) has been customizing our 2004 AstroVan for off road exploring/ comfortable camping :) . Pretty excited to find this community. We are heading out West soon and would appreciate trail advice. If we can help with anything New England related, happy to do so.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region, this feature can also help with your trip west.
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans