Enthusiast II

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Besch
Member #

Happy Sunday All,

I’m looking to mount some boards in the bulkhead of my truck bed and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on mounts to use. I drive a 2021 Ram 1500 and could use some help.

Thanks All!

jwalla

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Dakotas

Advocate I

Rapid City, SD, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Walla
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Order the maxtrax mounts add some rivet nuts to the bulkhead and bolt them down. It's drilling holes in the truck but is the most secure. I also add some epoxy and paint to help resist rust issues. After adding the rivet nuts you can mount unistrut as well and that makes it adjustable and configurable and you can get away with fewer holes in the truck.

Reactions: Twistedwisker

RamBound

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Besch
Member #

Order the maxtrax mounts add some rivet nuts to the bulkhead and bolt them down. It's drilling holes in the truck but is the most secure. I also add some epoxy and paint to help resist rust issues. After adding the rivet nuts you can mount unistrut as well and that makes it adjustable and configurable and you can get away with fewer holes in the truck.
Ok thanks! That might be the way to go, out of curiosity are not there Any solid mounting solutions where I don’t have to drill on the truck?

jwalla

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Dakotas

Advocate I

Rapid City, SD, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Walla
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
There are so many bolt on options out there. Racks, bars, covers etc etc. Check out bed rack options on google many companies sell options that have clamp mounting systems. All boils down to money and time vs options.

Reactions: Desert Runner