Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this suggestion so please feel free to move this to a more appropriate thread. Would it be possible to have the map display the location of future upcoming events? Perhaps, with their own color pin or symbol, which could also be filterable?

In geocaching, I find it very useful to be able to see where future events will be happening in case I know that I will be nearby and might be able to swing by to meetup with other geocachers. I will paste a screenshot of what I see when I am viewing the geocaching map. Geocaching events have a red color and when selected display the location (coordinates/address), date, time, etc. It is also filterable to declutter the map. I have used this feature many times to sync my various roadtrips through the western states with nearby events, which just happen to be taking place as I am passing by. Meeting fellow geocachers has always been a highlight of any roadtrip. Hopefully, I will get a chance to also meet fellow overlanders in the future too. Events.jpg

Overland_Bound_Map.jpg

Reactions: 76mv

doubleAron

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Littleton, Colorado
Member #

So I tried to edit my map location but couldn't find that field. I found my pin in the map, but it's way off of my home location. Maybe I missed the upgrade to member step? Could you upgrade my profile to member #4224? If that's not the problem, do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I like the map, but I think that it would be nice if I could just see a list of states and countries and then click on say Arizona and it would show all of the members in Arizona. I am having a hard time trying to get the map to move around and do what I want to show easily. Maybe it's because I am on a Mac. Just a thought..

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hi @DRJ

After talking with @Michael the other day, I found that the Map tool does *not* use the Member Map Location field to locate you on the map asI have previously mentioned in this thread. It uses the general Location field in your profile. I just looked, and you have yours set as Springfield, VA, and have the Map preference set to "Show". But I can't find you on the map, either, and the Globe icon does not show in your profile.

Methinks something's still screwy, @Michael

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Hi @DRJ

After talking with @Michael the other day, I found that the Map tool does *not* use the Member Map Location field to locate you on the map asI have previously mentioned in this thread. It uses the general Location field in your profile. I just looked, and you have yours set as Springfield, VA, and have the Map preference set to "Show". But I can't find you on the map, either, and the Globe icon does not show in your profile.

Methinks something's still screwy, @Michael
Thank you Steve! I kept changing my location field with city name, coordinates, and other inputs in trying to get myself put into the correct location on the map. Glad to hear I'm not just going crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.