Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I've just upgrades all accounts requesting so far. Sorry for the delay; we've been gone nearly a month.

Jay Boatright

Rank 0

Traveler I

Love the fact it seems to be a family. Nice to see features like Helper. That would be dig help to have another member to call on if you are new to an area and stuck............

Liking the idea of signing up more and more

Maxsterblaster

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ozark, Dale County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Max
Last Name
Rode
Member #

Love the fact it seems to be a family. Nice to see features like Helper. That would be dig help to have another member to call on if you are new to an area and stuck............

Liking the idea of signing up more and more
please sign up. this is an outstanding organisation that is very active and an incredible resource.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

what about something that would identify people as helpers willing to provide local support for breakdowns, flats, tows Etc.
It does. If you click on a marker, and then click to view the person's profile, you can see on the "information" tab whether they signed up to be a helper. A nice feature if you're broke down and looking for help!

Kcrkolby

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Morgan Hill, CA
Member #

Hey Michael,

I know you are probably busy but would you have an ETA on when my account would be updated to a member? #3352

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I hit the maps button and I get the message only available to members and OB swag shows up...hit the menu button and hit maps from there and get error code. Says unavailable at this time. I actually got it to come up one time by accident but no idea how I did it...greatful for any assistance..thank you.....got it fixed

Last edited:

Claymore F.T.E.

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Orange Beach, AL
Member #

There are a few steps to gaining access:
  • You MUST be an OB Member (badge holder) and have your forum account upgraded to "Member" (you will have a gold banner in your forum profile card that says "Member".
  • If you are not a member with an emblem, Go here: OB Member, then contact us to upgrade your forum account.
  • You can now access the Member Map!
  • In your user drop down menu, edit "Personal Details".

Hi Michael! I'm officially a badge holder. Can you upgrade my account please? Thanks and really digging OB!

hddalvine

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alabaster, AL
Member #

When you become a badge-holding Overland Bound Member, you get access to the Map of OB Members . This allows you to see what other Overland Bound members are in your area!

Colors indicate the member status:

1. Platinum - Founder 500
2. Gold - OB Member
3. Bright Yellow - Benefactor
4. Green - Moderator
5. Black - Forum user, not member

There are a few steps to gaining access:
  • You MUST be an OB Member (badge holder) and have your forum account upgraded to "Member" (you will have a gold banner in your forum profile card that says "Member".
  • If you are not a member with an emblem, Go here: OB Member, then contact us to upgrade your forum account.
  • You can now access the Member Map!
  • In your user drop down menu, edit "Personal Details".
  • Edit "Map Location" - This is your location on the member map.
  • Also edit "Host and "Helper" to indicate if you are available for members to stay, ior call you for assistance!
I am not seeing the option under Personal Details for "Map Location". Help?

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I am not seeing the option under Personal Details for "Map Location". Help?

when you click on your profile name select "Personal Details" from the drop down menu.
OR
select "Personal Details" from the left hand column in your profile page.

When you get the "Personal Details" page open the "Location" option should be two thirds of the way down the screen.

hope this helps

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

after posting a reply to @hddalvine I thought Id take a look at the Members Map. I figured I'd see if there are any new members close to me. I was a little surprised to find my members icon in the sea off the coast. I checked to see if my location was correct in my members page. I have even changed my location in the hope that my icon would move accordingly but each time I tried my icon remained in the same location at sea.

is anyone else having issues with the Map?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.