Investor

Enthusiast I

League City, TX
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Placella
Member #

Hello All, I have a 2021 Jayco Feather Mini 12SRK that I pull with my 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 door. I want to build a 270 awning that will cover the passenger side and rear of the camper. I can picture exactly what I want, how it looks, pretty much have all the dimensions, but I do not own a welder. I have welded for a friend once upon a time, and that was very little, but I know I could probably do it myself, but I dont want to screw this up and would feel better having a professional do it. For the life of me, I cannot find someone in Southeast Texas that is willing to take on the project. (The building of the arms and supports etc) If anyone is near the southeast Texas area that is willing to assist with this project, please let me know.

Dorobuta

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Chandler, AZ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lovern
if you're willing to use support legs, and maybe 80/20 rail and aluminum channel, you may not need any welding. Just throwing this out. I haven't thought about it too much, but it seems like it would be doable. I'll have to ponder it for a while.

datonplace

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

League City, TX
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Placella
Member #

That is part of my dilema is I am not familiar with metal options but yes, I was thinking of something pretty much what you just described. I am doing some research and I welcome any ideas, comments etc just like you did. Thank you.

Reactions: Dorobuta

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i have a rhino batwing and i dont think it is anywhere worth the price i paid for it. the pivots broke and i saw that it is basically thin tubing with plastic inserts for the hinges, etc. i'd go to home depot and get a few pieces of electrical conduit and order the pivots online and make your own awning (no welding needed) for WAY less than buying one.

Reactions: datonplace

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Dont know if you have solved your delima but. Check out Patrick Remmingtons video on YouTube. Hebuilds a 270 awning and his own hardshell RTT.

Hope this helps.