First Name
Brian
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6POR
Hi all.

Looking for any recommendations for a quick one-nighter this weekend. Just brought home a 4Runner Off Road Premium last week and after a fantastic meetup with the Tri-Valley group with a first aid seminar, I'm itching to get this thing dirty. I have experience backcountry camping, just not in using a vehicle to get there (well, my previous Subarus got me into a few places). I will have a compressor on board, but I'm still shopping for sliders, so looking for something on the technically easier side to get our (me, the wife an the dog) feet wet and get the lay of the land, so to speak. Looks like plenty of opportunity outside Auburn/Placerville or north to Lake County (I have friends and family in both places). Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brian

2G4R

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUC
on the 88, just south of silver lake theres a bunch of trails, just spent the weekend out there. Mud and snow. Or if you want to hit the beach check out usal, about 3 hours north of sf. great camping, and the trail will not disappoint if u wanna get muddy

Reactions: Chief Brody

Chief Brody

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6POR
on the 88, just south of silver lake theres a bunch of trails, just spent the weekend out there. Mud and snow. Or if you want to hit the beach check out usal, about 3 hours north of sf. great camping, and the trail will not disappoint if u wanna get muddy
Thanks for the intel. Usal was definitely on the list though I am concerned with getting there and the campsites being taken, given that we aren't heading out until Saturday morning. My plan for there was to take a Friday off and spend Thursday working my way north (my office is anywhere in Nor Cal with a phone and/or internet connection and an establishment with a liquor license). I've been looking at lots of possibilities off 88, 50, etc. in the foothills, just wanted to make sure whatever I do is realistic with my stock set-up. Thanks again.