Hirstein
Member #

Start of trailer build.jpg
Step One: Beefing up the sides.

Start of the build.png

Rack broken down.jpg
Step 2: Fabricating the rack for the RTT & Accessories

Rack Build.jpg
Rack is completely modular and able to be broken down. All holes drilled and threaded.

Bumper install.jpg

Rear Bumper install.jpg
Rear bumper is off a Jeep YJ, Factory mounts were cut off and re-welded to fit the width of the trailer.

Rear with Tire Carrier.jpg
CVT Tent added and ready for trial run.

Lost Grove Lake.jpg
Maiden Voyage. Clear film still on RTT.

Trial Run Camping.jpg
First Campsite.

Trailer's first camp.jpg
First time out Camping.

In Garage.jpg
Time to break down rack and get it sandblasted and painted.

Both Trailers.jpg
Bantam & M416 in the Garage.

UP Camping.jpg
Most Recent Photo at Furnace Bay in UP of Michigan.

Much more to come!!!

Matang

Rank IV

Advocate II

Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corp and Army
View attachment 244637
Step One: Beefing up the sides.

View attachment 244638

View attachment 244639
Step 2: Fabricating the rack for the RTT & Accessories

View attachment 244640
Rack is completely modular and able to be broken down. All holes drilled and threaded.

View attachment 244641

View attachment 244642
Rear bumper is off a Jeep YJ, Factory mounts were cut off and re-welded to fit the width of the trailer.

View attachment 244643
CVT Tent added and ready for trial run.

View attachment 244644
Maiden Voyage. Clear film still on RTT.

View attachment 244645
First Campsite.

View attachment 244646
First time out Camping.

View attachment 244647
Time to break down rack and get it sandblasted and painted.

View attachment 244648
Bantam & M416 in the Garage.

View attachment 244649
Most Recent Photo at Furnace Bay in UP of Michigan.

Much more to come!!!
Looks great....been wanting to purchase one.... should be good behind my H3 off-road....how much is one and where can I find one? thanks

Swhirstein

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Davenport, Iowa, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Hirstein
Member #

Looks great....been wanting to purchase one.... should be good behind my H3 off-road....how much is one and where can I find one? thanks
Thanks. You should be able to find them in the $1000 range. Just depends on the shape of the tub, frame, and axles. I paid out the butt for my gold one, but it had been completely gone through, all new wiring stainless hardware, etc. The slightly smaller red one I found for 750, but needs all the love; has a leak in one tire, one leaf spring is broke. I plan to take it to the frame and put Timbren Axle-Less Trailer suspension on it., that'll be down the road a ways though. I still have plenty to do on the gold one. Where are you located? I suggest searching Ebay (local & meet to take a look), craigslist, & FB marketplace. Good luck in your search!

Reactions: Timbren-Industries

Matang

Rank IV

Advocate II

Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corp and Army
Thanks for the response....I was looking at the sites you mentioned about a year ago but gave up and forgot about it....now I'm getting more into the thought of having an on/off-road trailer thanks to you post!! My Hummer H3 doesn't have much room and I have a 60 quart fridge.....thanks for the information!!

Enthusiast I

Thanks. You should be able to find them in the $1000 range. Just depends on the shape of the tub, frame, and axles. I paid out the butt for my gold one, but it had been completely gone through, all new wiring stainless hardware, etc. The slightly smaller red one I found for 750, but needs all the love; has a leak in one tire, one leaf spring is broke. I plan to take it to the frame and put Timbren Axle-Less Trailer suspension on it., that'll be down the road a ways though. I still have plenty to do on the gold one. Where are you located? I suggest searching Ebay (local & meet to take a look), craigslist, & FB marketplace. Good luck in your search!
sounds like a rad project!

Reactions: Swhirstein