Rank VI

Influencer I

Renton, King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lujan
Member #

Purchased the trailer a month ago knowing I wanted to build it for overlanding. I started by removing all the old paint and then priming it next step was to get it painted. Ordered up my metal for the new walls and roof ordered water tank, hot water heater, water pump, battery brackets for the frame.
Got started on bending the new walls and roof welded them up to the bed need more tubing notched for all the cross supports then next step is to wall it in place the side windows mount the roof top tent.
Still need to buy mounts for the propane tanks and flooring for it. One small step at a time I guess

Attachments

Troy Laffey

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Laffey
Member #

Well done, what a great piece of equipment. I've owned a few of those, they're super impressive.

What are you doing about the air brakes? Did you find 12v converted lamps?

detoxyn

Rank II

Member I

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
White
Member #

For my pioneer tool trailer build I was able to switch out the bulbs from 24v to 12v and they work great, plus it keeps the military look which I wanted. I did replace the entire wiring harness as well, but that was just a personal preference. I did not want a splice when I had the 4 pin plug.

05EXCURSION

Rank VI

Influencer I

Renton, King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lujan
Member #

Here is the current state of the trailer build adding a 15 gallon fresh water tank for the hot water heater and shower.

Attachments