Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Estes
Member #

I started this thread over on another forum, but thought I would share here as well.

I have been itching to get an off road trailer for some time, but could not see pulling the trigger on a manufactured one due to cost and for the features I desired. I looked for a M416 but most I found where in terrible shape or the owner wanted too much. I started looking for a base to start with and came across the M1101 trailers. The M1101 is a great place to start but with its wide tall stance felt it was too big for what I wanted and would dwarf my 2015 Jeep Wrangler. Then I stumbled onto the LTT Chassis which is a stripped version of the M1101 used by the Marine Corps for specialized purposes. Being a former Marine made it all the more fitting to use. I won the trailer from PlanetGov for $825 and spent a day driving to Alabama to pick it up. My LTT is a 1997 built by Raytheon. From what I can tell and have read the frame is the same or similar to Schutt Industries Xventure series.

Here is what it looked at the time of pickup.
2016-07-14 14.45.21.jpg 2016-07-14 14.45.38.jpg 2016-07-14 14.45.51.jpg

Reactions: gotricesmurf

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Really cool! I am hoping to start a trailer build in the next year or so...can't wait. Keep us updated and post photos as the build progresses