Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
I got there at about 12:30pm, 1st one there...good thing, too. I knew the spot and put up the OB flag for the turn off the trail to campsite. Seems that all but ONE, read the coordinates off the thread, opposed to the Rally Point's coordinate, which only showed the turn from one asphalt road to another, not the actual trail that we turned on. For 40 minutes he scoured the area for any sign of us...he must pray too the right Gods, because he strayed down the right trail, to our sign and pulled in, much to our happiness. After all, he had the stew for dinner Saturday night!

That night was Al Pastor tacos and pulled pork from Chris and Kevin, respectively. The night finished off with a roaring fire, a lot of laughter, and then some Cards against Humanity, before everyone scattered to bed.

Breakfast was Linguisa sausage and egg sandwiches from Fabio. A pretty lazy day was had by all, but then, that was planned, too : )

Lunch was Margherita and Pepperoni pizzas made on someone's propane pizza oven, that the brought with him. Oh, the lengths we go to... LOL

Saturday dinner, was that stew we had heard so much about from our lost soul, Duane(and a few of us knew about from one prior experience). Again, lot's of laughter in front of a nice, warm fire, followed by Cringeworthy...I laughed until I cried, several times!

Sunday morning was Brioche French toast with Bourbon Barrel aged, Maple syrup and breakfast burritos. The final meal, before taking off held up to the rest of the trip's amazing fare.

Thanks to everyone showed, participated, and lent themselves to having a fun, mellow weekend with entirely too much good food!

6 rigs,iew from Camping spot Los Padres NF 4 2022.jpgFeet in front of fire 4 2022.jpgLos Padre NF 4 2022 Sulfer Cyn.jpg10 humans, 2 dogs, and NO interlopers! :D

See you people soon!

Last edited: