• HTML tutorial

Brooke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Hello North West friends~

My friend and I had planned to hike a trail called Three FIngers at the end of August, but my friend recently cancelled on me so now it's just me going. I'm told the road is washed out going to the trail head, but some vehicles have been able to make it past the washout - this seems to be debated in the trail group with some saying that's impossible and others saying no way it just takes the right vehicle. I was hoping someone in this group who lives nearby might be interested in going up and taking a look, maybe taking some pictures or videos of the washout and seeing if they can cross it. I don't want anyone to do anything beyond their limits or anything, but if your interested in checking it out for me, or heck, even joining me for my trip let me know.

The washout coordinates are about here 48.14925430429975, -121.74804706500663

My issue is I'm coming from Reno, and I don't want to get there and find that I can't drive through the obstacle and have to leave my rig sitting parked by the bridge there. I hear vehicles left at that bridge are frequently shot up, vandalized, and burgled. It also adds 20 miles onto my hike if I can't drive the obstacle. I was looking at the satellite views of the area looking for a "bypass" route, and could see some dirt roads and what not in the surrounding area that might offer an alternative route up.... if your interested in that kind of recon that would be dope, but I understand that's a lot of unknowns.

Elliott Ladik

Rank I

Contributor III

Monroe, WA, USA
First Name
Elliott
Last Name
Ladik
This is pretty close to me, I can swing by. But from a quick search on fs.usda.gov the bridge is structurally compromised Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest - Alerts & Notices.
Three Fingers also mentions the bridge being closed.

I'll try to go this weekend and see whats going on.

edit: .... lol, I guess I should have asked if you already made it out here since its the end of August.

Last edited:

Brooke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

@Elliott Ladik yep! I just came back home~ There was a guy stuck down in the area below the bridge... watched him keep creeping up to the hill and then stomp on the gas only to spin tires, wasn't really my business though~ he ended up winching himself out. Anyways, the road is definitely not passable, they put up a new series of boulders and barricades and now only bikes can make it by. Regardless, it's an awesome hike and if you live in the area I highly recommend it!