Rank II

Traveler I

Medford Oregon
First Name
Micah
Last Name
White
Member #

Any recommended places to go camp with the wife and kid iver the weekend within a couple hours of Medford? Preferably remote just want to get away but without having super rough roads since my wife is 8 months pregnate. I’m more familiar with areas not near home sadly enough.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Open up Gaia, and take a look at Fish Lake, just Northeast of you. (42.391572, -122.311747) looks like a lot of little roads split off right there. Lots of camp grounds and lots off opportunity for dispersed camping as well. If heading out think of leaving late Wednesday or early Thursday as the good spots are taken by Friday morning.

Oregon_trail

Rank II

Traveler I

Medford Oregon
First Name
Micah
Last Name
White
Member #

Open up Gaia, and take a look at Fish Lake, just Northeast of you. (42.391572, -122.311747) looks like a lot of little roads split off right there. Lots of camp grounds and lots off opportunity for dispersed camping as well. If heading out think of leaving late Wednesday or early Thursday as the good spots are taken by Friday morning.
I’ll take a look at that. It may be hard since I do have to work Friday.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’ll take a look at that. It may be hard since I do have to work Friday.
We have been leaving early afternoon in Wednesday’s with a couple of friends, I stay around camp while they go to work... if you have a retired buddy, invite them along to be camp protection.