Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

I can just head out into the desert, but figured I'd check if anyone had any cool places not packed with people.
The hungry valley OHV in Gorman should be just less than two hours from you...

I'm told if you head towards Pine Mountain there's some quiet spots.

Reactions: hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

I'm trying to keep it within an hours drive. Just want to get my kids out for some quick fun. I may just end up taking them to the local county park if I have to.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I bet your kids would have a great time at Calico ghost town near Yermo. Here is a link - http://cms.sbcounty.gov/parks/Parks/CalicoGhostTown.aspx

Hungry Valley is a super fun place to wheel and has trails for every ability. There are a bunch of campgrounds to choose from but I like Cottonwood camp as it is set back from the road and has some trees along the fence line for shade.

Here is a link to the map - http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1170/files/HungryValleyMap.pdf

Pyramid Lake is nearby and they have a nice picnic area and swimming beach.

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Hey, High Desert, I am looking to go out camping and need someone to go with. Let me know if you want some company and I will be happy to join you. It is always better to go with someone.
Tomorrow I am going to the Socal meet and greet in Tustin, and next weekend I am riding my Goldwing with friends to see the wild flowers. So, unless you are planning a weekday venture, I will not be able to join you until after the Mojave Road trip.
Cliff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using OB Talk mobile app

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Man... out there behind Hesperia lakes is pretty cool. Over by the dam they'll be some folks but you can always peel away a couple hundred yards or a couple miles.... I think it's right there off arrowhead Rd on your up the back side of Silverwood lake. I'm not from there so I may have the street name wrong.

Rustyburbin from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban