First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
64211471_2546540932037043_6932871492635983872_o.jpg
Anyone heading away for the long weekend?

We will be up near Aviemore, Scotland staying at the Dalraddy Campsite, in the woodland pitches where it can feel kind of wild but with electricity and proper toilets.
The weather will dictate much of what we will be up to but it will include lots of walks and drives around the area, mountain biking and we have the paddle boards.

If you are in the vicinity then feel free to drop me a message and we can meet up for a chat over Coffee, Beer or Toffee Vodka ;-)

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Sounds great. Enjoy.

This time we will stay at home for Easter and meet with friends. Because it is the last weekend before busy months come, where we will be on the road every weekend, meetups, camping, paddling and more...

Reactions: Polaris Overland

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Palestina, Caldas - although the recent increase in alert level to orange for the Nevado del Ruiz volcano means that we'll have to monitor conditions and may have to return the long way round.

Have a great trip!
Thanks for the info. I just passed it on to friends who are currently traveling in Columbia. Stay safe out there!

Reactions: Polaris Overland

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Where are they now? If they're going to be in Bogotá we could meet and have a coffee/beer/whatever. We'll be home on Sunday. Happy to offer suggestions and advice, if wanted.

Here's the link to the best news on the volcano - SGC
Thanks. They crossed into Colombia from Venezuela a couple of days ago. Don´t know where they are exactly at the moment. Have shot them a message and will let you know/ arrange the contact between you both.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
@Alanymarce So, they're still up north on the coast. As soon as they get near you, they'll contact you. Thanks again for your offer to meet them. That's the spirit.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Great Weekend away for us, enjoying camping, walking, eating (too much) and a spot of mountain biking.
We had an easyer egg hunt with 2 easter bunnies.
Now home with a tired dog and grandson and prepping for the Adventure Overland Show, leaving Thursday.
IMG_9881.jpeg IMG_9847.jpegIMG_9865.jpegIMG_9866.jpegIMG_9868.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: nickburt