Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

I have a set of Rok40's, Strykers, and Venoms on my truck. This was not a small amount of money spent there. When my harness broke on the Stykers I wasn't worried. I figured I would contact Lightforce and take care of me. Well, no. They didn't. Even after sending pictures I got no response other than to purchase a new harness. When I went to do so, reluctantly, they were out of stock. This left me with a pair of $575 lights sitting in my garage for months. I purchase and test products fairly consistently. I've had faults with other companies. ARB's customer service is by far the best in the industry. At least you are getting what you pay for. In situations like this it would have made more sense for me to buy a cheap pair of Auxbeams or similar.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Oof. That's no bueno. I'm very happy with auxbeam lights. But, I also built the harness myself.

Looks like I'll be staying away from anything lightforce.

I will also say that my experience with Ironman 4x4 America's customer service has been exceptional. My rooftop tent developed a crack in it. They replaced the entire tent, and told me to do whatever with the other one.

Would it be possible to buy a nilight or auxbeam harness, and adapt it to your lights?

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Oof. That's no bueno. I'm very happy with auxbeam lights. But, I also built the harness myself.

I will also say that my experience with Ironman 4x4 America's customer service has been exceptional. My rooftop tent developed a crack in it. They replaced the entire tent, and told me to do whatever with the other one.

Would it be possible to buy a nilight or auxbeam harness, and adapt it to your lights?
I don't think so. The plug is where I had the issue. I even asked lightforce if I can just have a plug and I'd even pay for it. They said no and I'd need to buy an entire harness. I haven't seen another plug that looks like theirs. I did ask them if there was something I could get local and was also told no.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Can you post a picture of the harnesses plug? We might be able to figure out how to replace it with something better, if we can see it..... And you're electrically capable.

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force

I don't think so. The plug is where I had the issue. I even asked lightforce if I can just have a plug and I'd even pay for it. They said no and I'd need to buy an entire harness. I haven't seen another plug that looks like theirs. I did ask them if there was something I could get local and was also told no.
I would make your own plug. If you had problems with the plug already you may have problems again. Use some DT plugs and have them ready for the next trip.

Reactions: Sparksalot

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I would make your own plug. If you had problems with the plug already you may have problems again. Use some DT plugs and have them ready for the next trip.
This is the way. Deutch plugs are all I use now.

Reactions: Sparksalot

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Wow, I can’t imagine paying that much for a set of lights and then get burned. ( pun intended ) my old set of KCs are still burning strong after 10 years and they might have cost $150.00. You are correct about ARB, top notch company and always willing to discuss the pros & cons of their products. Just recently I installed a new set of rear springs, if they don’t work out, send em back for a different set. Sadly we can no longer buy direct from ARB America. Many years ago we purchased an OZtent Jettent 25x. After about 5 seasons of use one of the tension springs and one of the snaps clips broke. The USA reps were useless. Couldn’t get the parts, didn’t want to lift a finger. I contacted OZTents, directly in Australia and let them know I wanted to buy a couple new springs and a couple of snap clips . They would hear none of that, they shipped me three new springs and three new clip straps. Free- absolutely free and thanked me for purchasing their tent in the first place. I’ll bet that if you email their customer service directly they will take care of you. American distributors in general, suc. Good luck !

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I have taken to cutting off manufactures plugs and installing Deutsch plugs on everything I can, Only have to carry a couple of spares that way and makes exchanging for a new item easy. Have had great customer service from KC (23 year warrantee on their LED products) had a bracket break on a fog light and had a new one in hand in two days. Also had above and beyond service from ARB, RedARC, Factor 55 & Bush Co Awnings all willing to make things right.

DanielThomas

Rank I

Contributor III

USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Thomas
Wow, I can’t imagine paying that much for a set of lights and then get burned. ( pun intended ) my old set of KCs are still burning strong after 10 years and they might have cost $150.00. You are correct about ARB, top notch company and always willing to discuss the pros & cons of their products. Just recently I installed a new set of rear springs, if they don’t work out, send em back for a different set. Sadly we can no longer buy direct from ARB America. Many years ago we purchased an OZtent Jettent 25x. After about 5 seasons of use one of the tension springs and one of the snaps clips broke. The USA reps were useless. Couldn’t get the parts, didn’t want to lift a finger. I contacted OZTents, directly in Australia and let them know I wanted to buy a couple new springs and a couple of snap clips . They would hear none of that, they shipped me three new springs and three new clip straps. Free- absolutely free and thanked me for purchasing their tent in the first place. I’ll bet that if you email their customer service directly they will take care of you. American distributors in general, suc. Good luck !

Thanks for the info. I will keep that thing in my mind. I am so glad I found your post. I was searching for the https://www.bronx.com/guide-to-online-gambling-in-canada / website online and when I was looking for it on google search, I found your post as well.
Thanks for the info. I will keep that thing in my mind.

Last edited: