United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

UPDATED: 8/14/17

www.EnchantedRockiesTrail.com

The video series is complete but the adventure continues! We now have a Facebook group dedicated to this route where you can ask questions, get trail conditions, and share your adventure. There may even be some sweet camp site coordinates shared!

Here is the link: Enchanted Rockies Trail - Facebook Group

The Enchanted Rockies Trail is a series of overland trails that begin in south-central New Mexico and end in north-central Colorado.

This route consists of nearly 800 miles of off-pavement travel and passes through multiple districts of 9 National Forests and 2 National Parks along the way.

This is a very mild, family friendly overland route that most stock four wheel drive vehicles should be able to traverse without much trouble during dry weather. (The trail conditions degrade quickly with rain and snow.)

Please note that this route passes through some very high elevations that will be closed during the winter months due to snowfall. The optimal travel time is late June through early October. Be sure and do your research on road closures before setting out.

YouTube Video Series

The Enchanted Rockies Trail - Part I

The Enchanted Rockies Trail - Part II

The Enchanted Rockies Trail - Part III

The Enchanted Rockies Trail - Part IV

The Enchanted Rockies Trail - Part V

GPS Data
www.EnchantedRockiesTrail.com

Last edited:

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Awesome video man!! Looks like a pretty fun adventure cant wait to see the rest.
Also your little girl is too precious! I hope my two boys enjoy themselves on overland adventures like she does!
Also subscribed
X2 what timber said!! She is to funny and my boys are also getting and excited about this journey we are going to start exploring. I honestly can't wait to move back to TN also to be closer to other states to overland as well.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

@DukeT4R @Jensen Cole Mason Thanks, guys!

@Jose @BillyBadly Thanks for the kind words. There's nothing like explore with your family! It has its challenges but totally worth the effort. They're only kids once and this is our only chance to give them memories that will stick with them the rest of their lives.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Really enjoyed your well done video. I plan to watch it again with my wife and remind her that this sort of family time is exactly why I've gotten into overlanding. My son is only 10 months old but I want him to grow up enjoying the outdoors the way I did. Good stuff and nice OB product placement.

TheMcCalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Auburn, WA
Member #

Awesome video, thanks for sharing that with us. Looks like you and your family are having a great time.

Subscribed, and looking forward to the next one!

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Really enjoyed your well done video. I plan to watch it again with my wife and remind her that this sort of family time is exactly why I've gotten into overlanding. My son is only 10 months old but I want him to grow up enjoying the outdoors the way I did. Good stuff and nice OB product placement.
Thanks so much! We love overlanding as a family, get out there sooner than later! Haha, had to rep the OB clan ;)

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Reactions: TheMcCalls

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Me and my wife really liked this first video. Seems like we do pretty a similar style of overlanding as you guys. Just had our second kid so getting excited for a big trip in May 017'. Were you serious about doing an Alaska trip next year when you posted in the Dream destination thread?

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland