Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Recently upgraded from a Rebel 1500 to a Rebel 2500.
View attachment 270838
The 1500 had a Vice Design front bumper & skids w/winch, Rocky Road sliders, tonneau cover - it just didn't have enough payload for our camper (it was at the limit when we loaded all our stuff in the truck with the camper hooked up).
View attachment 270839
Enter the new 2500 Rebel - the plans are simple for now = an RCI bed rack that works with the tonneau cover and a swing out toolbox (to help hold all of the stuff I had in the Ramboxes of the 1500 ((air compressor, straps, tools, dog stuff, first aid kit, e-tool, etc)). As we get out this spring we will see what else we think we need to do with it, so far the wife loves the power steps since they come lower for her and the dog to climb in but I'm more a fan of real sliders for protection...
I have a Ram 1500 Rebel GT. I'm always very close to the max payload. In the past, I would go overland with my Jeep Wrangler. But any Wrangler owner, if honest, knows they don't make great long-distance vehicles. I love how my IFS Ram rides, and I don't want to give this up. I understand why you want with the 2500. I'm taking a little less logical approach; I'm going to increase the practical load-carrying capacity of my truck. I will not exceed the GVWR, but I can build it up to be safer at the Max.

I'm working on designing a Full Float kit for the AAM Chrylser 9.25 rear end on the 1500. I'm also working on modifications to add a TrueTrac Limited slip to the AAM Chrysler 8.25 front end. Since the plan is to run 34/35 inch tires, I will also regear to 4.56. None of these modifications exist today, so I must get very creative. I will do lots of 3D scanning and some CAD work in the future.
Sounds like a good set up. I have a second gen dodge ram 2500 with 5.9 gas. I regeared from 4:11 limited slip to 4:88s with a Detroit locker in the rear. I'm running 35s and pull my 38 ft travel trailer. I almost went with 4:56but that wouldn't have made a difference. I carry a lot of gear that I would slow down on over passes now I fly over them. With the 4:88s I only drive around 65mph. I can go faster just don't want to be stopping at ALL the gas stations.

Reactions: DaveInCO