Rank III

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Pruden
Member #

Just tell the authorities that you identify as a mechanic, that's how it works in 2021.
This is inappropriate. I assume you meant no harm, but this community is supposed to be for everyone. Jokes like this, besides contributing nothing to the thread, indicate to some that they are not welcome here.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

This is inappropriate. I assume you meant no harm, but this community is supposed to be for everyone. Jokes like this, besides contributing nothing to the thread, indicate to some that they are not welcome here.
Who is joking?

Crusader

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Wilcox
Service Branch
USAF
When I had my Jeep, I made a maintenance binder. I found illustrated write ups for transmission, differential, and brake service. I had all of the fluids, fluid levels, light bulb model numbers, filter model numbers, etc..... If I did anything to my Jeep, it was documented in my binder. That way you can't forget what you learned. I also managed to find a factory interactive FSM. If I needed wiring diagrams or installation instructions, I just printed it out and followed it. I could keep the print out or throw it away. I miss that Jeep.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I'll give an example of having tools to handle things that don't even have to do with the vehicle.

We just got back from 3 days of camping and wheeling. We rely on a 7 gallon aqua-tainer that uses a 12v pump and faucet to dispense water. It stopped working Saturday morning due to one of the spade connectors separating from the ground wire. Using the electrical tools (crimper, marine grade butt connectors, and bits of spare wire), I was able repair the system, and we had no more problems all weekend.

Now onto ordering new wiring and connectors to permanently solve the problem.

bryceCtravels

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
Campbell
For sure, the easiest way to learn is to do. But I have zero desire to touch electrical stuff. None. I have built the physical parts of my truck myself and it's been very satisfying to do so. But when it comes time to figure out why the remote works to unlock the doors, but none of the switches do, she went to my friend at the dealer after I spent hours with the door panels off. There are times to know when to do and times to know when to let others do. Everyone has to draw that line for themselves.

Reactions: ZRex

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

If you really want to know Go sign up for classes at Lincoln tech or similar tech school. Or just go buy the Haynes or Chilton repair manual for you vehicle and just start doing. Like was said before sometimes your just born with it.