Late Night Campground Arrival

• HTML tutorial

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

We've all been there. Got a little lost on the trail, work kept you just long enough to get a late start to your destination, or it took you a few extra minutes (hours) to find that super remote waterfront dispersed camping spot. You roll in and there's already some people set up. What's the protocol for setting up? Is it cool to use that LED bar as long as you're not directly facing anyone else? Zipper/velcro noise to a minimum? It doesn't really bother me if someone rolls in late and I'm already in bed as long as they make their setup quick and don't carry on throughout the whole night. This includes use of LED lighting. What about you?

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Live and let live.
As you say, we've all been there and for whatever reason rolled in late.

Of course, there's always going to be that somebody who doesn't appreciate a late arrival.
A lot of camp sites in the UK and Europe either shut the gates around 10 or 11pm, or have a late arrivals area. So you can't disturb the main camp site anyway.

Just get on with it quickly and as quietly as possible, bare minimum to get your head down and sort the rest in the morning.

Reactions: trailspinTV

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

For the few who are retired or don't have to work, your time is free and you can spend it getting to wherever you want to go. And get there on time. For the rest of us who have to work we always have time limitations unless we use some of our precious vacation time. If you follow @Michael rules and always keep yourself ready where you can leave within 30 minutes, you are doing good. But how far do you have to go? Sometimes it could be hours. And this time of year when the sun goes down at 5 p.m. (Central Standard Time) for us we spend a ton of time in the dark. So using the lighting that you have on your rig is important for safety reasons and time efficiency for setting up camp. Now there is a difference between setting up camp and setting up a party. And there is a difference between getting to a camping spot and being out four-wheeling at night just to use those new lights you just installed. Being courteous to others around is imperative.

It does suck when someone beats you to your favorite spot. But do your best to make sure you don't make any enemies out on the trail. In fact most of the time I have found that others don't mind sharing their spot especially if you show yourself to be that respectful and courteous offroader. This type of community here that is being created is also creating communities out on the trails. It's that way with me for sure. Always love meeting new people. Some aren't that way though and we must respect that.