Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Sorry for the last minute notice but we just kind of threw this together. But wanted to put it out there.

If anyone is itching to go camping this weekend. There are a handful of us headed up to Twin Lakes just south of Leadville, CO.

If you are interested, comment below and we'll get you the details.

Family friendly, just hanging out and camping. Maybe run some trails. Low key.

Eric AKA Jeepsies

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

I do love camping in that area. Great trails and views. Unfortunately already had a trip to the Woodland Park area planned for this weekend. Hope to join a COOB trip in the future.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Sorry for the last minute notice but we just kind of threw this together. But wanted to put it out there.

If anyone is itching to go camping this weekend. There are a handful of us headed up to Twin Lakes just south of Leadville, CO.

Eric AKA Jeepsies
Interested

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hey Jeepsies, I would not mind a last ditch camping trip with my girls, hit me with the details.
Christopher, can you be ready to leave P-dub about 1pm tomorrow so we can convoy if interested?

I sent you the Facebook link, but I guess it didn't work.

Neal

Reactions: Hourless Life

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Eric AKA Jeepsies
Eric,

Is there any reason you couldn't set this up as a Rally Point?

-neal

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Likewise! I'm leaving in a couple hours with plans to camp all the way through 14erFest.

Who all do we expect this afternoon?
Let's see not sure who all is coming when, but so far RSVP'd are:

Myself, Brittany aka @mrs. jeepsies and our son Caspian
@Neal A. Tew (not sure if bringing anyone)
@TheBarefootFamily (bringing his girls I believe)
Mitchell Cockell (not sure if bringing anyone)
Christopher Longaker (a buddy of mine from the Coast Guard Jeep Club not sure if he's bringing anyone)
Jacob Quinn from OB (Not sure if he's bringing his family)
Marc and Alowetta Terrien good friends and experienced off-roaders
Kevin Ewert, a Jeep buddy of mine who I've known for years (think he is bringing his son and coming up on Sat)

I might be forgetting some, but we have at least 6 maybes in the Facebook group, and two other folks in the Rally Point who I don't know that said they are coming. So it should be a good group!

Eric AKA Jeepsies

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Here are a few photos I either took or stole from friends during our Overlanding Weekend. Thanks to everyone who came out for the event. It was my first Rally Point. Appreciate the short notice enthusiasm and attendance! Good folks, good times!

Eric AKA Jeepsies

Here we go...

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-Barefoot-Family.jpg
Got to meet @TheBarefootFamily some old school OB members. Chris and his family were selfless and fun to hang out with. Their camp became the hub of the weekend's activities. Thanks Chris and girls for making the weekend special!

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-Eric-Neal.jpg
Like us @Neal A. Tew is a fairly newly registered OB member. Though I believe Neal had been lurking for awhile before joining. Neal was great to hang out with. Super kind and got up to the spot early to help reserve sites for the other OB members that were headed up. He was always conscientious of who was still headed up, what their status was and wanted to make sure nobody felt left out. Good people. Hope we meet again Neal!

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-Jeep-iKamper.JPG
This was our site. On the other side of that ridge were the Twin Lakes. This location is just outside Leadville, Colorado. Our RTT is in our build sheet in my signature in case anyone is curious. It is the iKamper Skycamp

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-iKamper.jpg
Here's a little better look out our RTT and Jeep. Nevermind the rocks that I used to level us off a bit. The iKamper sleeps 4 and deploys in about 30 seconds. It stows in about 1 min 45. That's for experienced folks. It takes me about 45 seconds to deploy and about 2 and a half minutes to stow. You can't see it but we also have the Batwing awning by Rhino-Rack on the drivers side of the rig. We didn't need it all weekend because we had plenty of tree shade. It was a great spot!

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-Brittany-Caspian.jpg
This is my wife Brittany aka @mrs. jeepsies and our son Caspian aka #babynomad who has been a full-time traveler since birth. Brittany was telling him about how "hot" the Genesis Basecamp stove was so that he'd be mindful not to touch it. He didn't.

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-Genesis-Basecamp-Stove.jpg
A closer look at our Genesis Basecamp stove. It performed very well at high altitude! Really happy with this purchase so far.

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-Continental-Divide-Hagerman-Pass.jpg
We did do a 6 hour trail run over Hagerman Pass. Altitude 12,000 feet. A couple of my friends from the Coast Guard Jeep Club (their Jeeps pictured here on either side of my Jeep "GUARDIAN") came along and one of them guided us up and over the pass. His name is Chris, his is the yellow Jeep, and unfortunately his fan broke down on the trail. He limped back to Aspen after the run and one of our other CGJC members gave him a lift home. No worries, from what I've heard he'll have his Jeep back this weekend ready to head out again. They aren't OB members, but they've at least now heard of it from us!

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-Hagerman-Pass-Caspian-Rocks.jpg
At the Continental Divide, my son Caspian found two rocks that he really liked. He didn't get to keep them, but we let him play with them for a bit while we all took in the view and a little break from wheeling.

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-Michelle-Jacob.jpg
I didn't get to spend as much time with OB members Jacob and Michelle as I would have liked. They seemed like a really cool couple, and the little I did hang out with them I enjoyed it. Fun folks, nice set up pictured here. Jacob is sitting up in the RTT and Michelle is at the base of the ladder. The little one belongs to @TheBarefootFamily

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-Eric-Jeep.jpg
Oh that's me driving. I think the lake down below was called Ivanhoe Lake. Not completely sure as we passed quite a few, but either way the views were stunning along our trail run!

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-View-iKamper.jpg
After a long but fun day on the trails, it was really nice to come home to our RTT and enjoy this view of the Twin Lakes.

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-Hagerman-Pass.jpg
One of the nicest parts about our weekend was getting to see the changing colors of the Aspens. Every corner was incredible on this trip over Hagerman Pass

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-Drivers-only.jpg
Wanted to get a photo of all of the drivers that went on the trail run during the weekend event. From L-R Neal, David, Chris, Marc, and Eric (myself) Of course we didn't line up in the order of our rigs. Rig order from L-R is Neal, David, Chris, Eric (mine) and Marc's.

Overlanding-Twin-Lakes-Eric-Brittany.jpg
All in all it was an awesome time. This is me and @mrs. jeepsies
We had a blast meeting everyone and hanging out for the weekend. Thank you all for making us feel welcome on our very first OB meetup!

Hope to see y'all again!

Eric AKA Jeepsies

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Jeepsies @Neal A. Tew @TheBarefootFamily,

Here are a few photos I either took or stole from friends during our Overlanding Weekend. Thanks to everyone who came out for the event. It was my first Rally Point. Appreciate the short notice enthusiasm and attendance! Good folks, good times!

Eric AKA Jeepsies
Looks like a good time. If ya have not done so already, be sure to ping site admin to get your "Met another OB Member" points. :sunglasses:

Boort

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

@Jeepsies @Neal A. Tew @TheBarefootFamily,

Looks like a good time. If ya have not done so already, be sure to ping site admin to get your "Met another OB Member" points. :sunglasses:

Boort
What is this "Met another OB Member" points? @Steve can you enlighten me? Thanks @Boort we did have a really good time! We'll definitely be doing more Rally Points as we travel around the nation!