Rank II

Enthusiast I

Benson, Cochise County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Lashbrook
Member #

I was able to spend the day on the KOFA Queen Canyon road. The road begins between mile markers 85 and 86 on highway 95 going south out of Quartzsite, AZ. This is the same road that goes to Palm Canyon. The main road junctions about 3+ miles in and the KOFA road is to the left. These first miles are a two lane hard pack gravel road suitable for all vehicles. However, the Queen road is for high clearance vehicles only. A family car would high-center within 50 feet.

The Queen road is one lane, hard packed gravel with a 8” high center berm. Very rocky. I would classify it as easy. It is a gradual up hill climb for the next 6 miles. I made it to the large parking lot where skull rock is in the vicinity. The road turns into a trail at this point. I elected to not continue because it becomes very narrow and rough.

The 8 miles I was able to do safely gives you a good desert experience. There are many places to pull off for a pic nic if so inclined.

Attachments

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

You're not far from Skull Rock, Fun Easy Ride up a wash

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I was able to spend the day on the KOFA Queen Canyon road. The road begins between mile markers 85 and 86 on highway 95 going south out of Quartzsite, AZ. This is the same road that goes to Palm Canyon. The main road junctions about 3+ miles in and the KOFA road is to the left. These first miles are a two lane hard pack gravel road suitable for all vehicles. However, the Queen road is for high clearance vehicles only. A family car would high-center within 50 feet.

The Queen road is one lane, hard packed gravel with a 8” high center berm. Very rocky. I would classify it as easy. It is a gradual up hill climb for the next 6 miles. I made it to the large parking lot where skull rock is in the vicinity. The road turns into a trail at this point. I elected to not continue because it becomes very narrow and rough.

The 8 miles I was able to do safely gives you a good desert experience. There are many places to pull off for a pic nic if so inclined.
Fun trail

Reactions: Sylvester

pluton

Rank IV

Member I

Santa Monica, CA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
BBB
Member #

A friend and I took 2 vehicles and 4 days to do a clockwise loop around KOFA, starting in this area. On the northeast side was the absolute roughest few miles of dirt/rock road I had ever been on in my '91 Toyota 4WD truck. Extremely scenic area.

Reactions: Sylvester