Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Overlanding has the potential to spread pests and diseases far and wide. As far as tree health and the health of associated forest ecology is concerned - including local small scale forest economies - a little knowledge and responsibility can reduce risk and not freedoms.

Simple measures like blasting off the worst of mud and debris from boots, boards and vehicle, at a car wash after driving through a woodland area - before carrying on to another region - will help. I carry a powerful 12v pump for showers and dropping in to a convenient stream as required, to wash down my vehicle away from civilisation.

Thanks for any co-operation. Why not use the attached logos (courtesy of Forestry Commission England) on vehicle and communications, to help carry the common sense international principle.

Keep_It_Clean_Logo_CMYK_Black_Strap.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Polaris Overland

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Interesting and important topic. Thank you for pointing this out.

Something that could possibly be added is not to move firewood from one region to another. We all like campfires but as wood is brought from one region to another, pests can also be transported and introduced.

Reactions: PDB and Tango Tiger

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Yes! Firewood is the worst! Especially the packaged logs in plastic that could have come from who knows where in the EU. Source and burn locally best option.