Kansas Members??

• HTML tutorial

caswanson

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flint Hills
Was hoping to be able to participate in at least a meet-up this year, but an actual driving event won't happen till I get an overdrive. Right now Grover's top cruising speed is is around 50/55mph, would slow down the more modern rigs. Unfortunately we are experiencing a fuel/carp issue that's being a PITA; put it operates quite well at standard in town speeds.

Have all y'all ever considered putting together a waterfall run? There's a rather nice one, mainly during the rainy season, at Cowely State Fishing lake that would be a good point to put on the itinerary.

View attachment 150401

View attachment 150404
I would, but I'm allergic to snake bite bro. lol.

I grew up about 5 miles from that waterfall. I know a few more in that area as well.

Reactions: Correus

caswanson

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flint Hills
We should do an old slow vehicle run. I can bring my '66 K20.
View attachment 150506
View attachment 150507
*don't mind the fuel gauge :smirk:

I led a run to Cowley from Beaumont to check out the fall and camp in March of last year. Spectacular fall! I was disheartened by the busted glass everywhere. The next day we checked out the Orzo Fall crossing and then headed up to Teter Rock. It was interesting that we started the run with nearly 15 vehicle and ended up with only 2 by the time we reached Teter.

With the current state lock down, I am concerned that our cherished fishing lakes are going to be more heavily used by more folks who will leave trash behind. I think it would be a tremendous community service if Kansas Overlanders could team up and meet at the state lakes we all enjoy to clean them up. Not sure how to tackle a project like that or what kind of turn out there would be.
That's an awesome rig! We should for sure do a old slow run. Pre 1986 only.

caswanson

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flint Hills
I've been MIA since we had our kids a year ago. I see light at the end of the tunnel. Hope maybe I can get back at it this fall. In the mean time, I've been honing my offroad skills up at Tuttle Creek on occasion. Let me know if anyone is up for a ride.

caswanson

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flint Hills
I'm ready to start planning a fall trip. I just went down to Elk City Reservoir and found an excellent "alternative" camping site. My CJ is still in the rebuild process, but I camped in the truck topper this weekend and it was great! So I'm thinking camp, hike and fish. Anybody up for a late September, early October meet up?

Chief_Wolverine

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas City
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Wood
Member #

I'm ready to start planning a fall trip. I just went down to Elk City Reservoir and found an excellent "alternative" camping site. My CJ is still in the rebuild process, but I camped in the truck topper this weekend and it was great! So I'm thinking camp, hike and fish. Anybody up for a late September, early October meet up?
Sounds good to me!

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Sounds good to me!
Let me know! I'm always game to meet up! Just gotta schedule it a little in advance.

jasonjlamb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lawrence, KS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lamb
Member #

Do you mean Elk City State Park? If so, I'm interested. Are kids allowed?