Rank II

Contributor II

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Ligtas
Member #

Happy Thanksgiving to all, as stated will be going to JTNP with about 8 rigs, half of them stock vehicles with novice drivers. Suggestions for trails to go to much appreciated. Will be there Friday till Sunday. Thanks God bless!!!

pluton

Rank IV

Member I

Santa Monica, CA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
BBB
Member #

I've been on Old Dale Road both into and out of the park, and both Pinkham Canyon and Berdoo Canyon from the park into the Coachella Valley. Old Dale can offer a navigational challenge (to the navigationally challenged like me) when exiting the park northbound, but seemed easy going south. Berdoo and Pinkham can have short sections with embedded rocks. No problem for stock trucks but lower AWD cars will want to be careful in those short sections. The NPS visitor center often tells people the road is washed out and impassable when it's perfectly fine. There's also Black Eagle Mine Road inside the park; I went part of the way up it once. It was "paved" with embedded rocks \and featured somewhat bleak scenery.

Last edited:
Reactions: morpheus_ryan

morpheus_ryan

Rank II

Contributor II

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Ligtas
Member #

I've been on Old Dale Road both into and out of the park, and both Pinkham Canyon and Berdoo Canyon from the park into the Coachella Valley. Old Dale can offer a navigational challenge (to the navigationally challenged like me) when exiting the park northbound, but seemed easy going south. Berdoo and Pinkham can have short sections with embedded rocks. No problem for stock trucks but lower AWD cars will want to be careful in those short sections. The NPS visitor center often tells people the road is washed out and impassable when it's perfectly fine. There's also Black Eagle Mine Road inside the park; I went part of the way up it once. It was "paved" with embedded rocks \and featured somewhat bleak scenery.
Thanks much appreciated