South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Spent a couple of hot nights in July at the boat in spot. The water was low and hauling the camp up the hill was a chore. But, the water was so cold and refreshing. First night a huge thunderstorm rolled by for couple of hours. One of those that you just figured you're probably going to die by lightening. My son was about twelve then. Storm never bothered him one bit. He didn't even mention it the next morning except to note that some bedding was wet. He's still fearless. He had a ball snorkeling in a cove and me laying on a rock above watching and sunning. Time to go back! I love a good storm.

Reactions: Road

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
I sunk a 15' boat in that lake when one of those afternoon storms came ripping across the lake. It sunk at anchor just off our camp site in about 2 minutes. Some of those storms whip that lake into a frenzy.

Reactions: FishinCrzy

ScottyV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Kershaw, South Carolina
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Vassar
Member #

I sunk a 15' boat in that lake when one of those afternoon storms came ripping across the lake. It sunk at anchor just off our camp site in about 2 minutes. Some of those storms whip that lake into a frenzy.
How did you end up getting it out?