El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
So one of my problems with my Jeep JK is that I have a small gas tank and that means limited range, 200 miles normally. Being a 2 door, not a lot of room. But its mine and not changing it anytime soon unless someone wants to give me something.

So I had done many different things but I think I finally have it solved.

Trailrax, this provides a mounting system on the side of the Jeep that you can mount Rotopax. Whatever you want them to be, its up to you. For me, I have 2 4.5 gallon Fuelpax and 2 3.5 gallon Fuelpax which in turn gives me a tank of gas on the outside.

So I just had these on for the Camino del Diablo and it was nice to not be worried about fuel. Need to fill some up, take one off and fill it.

I will say I replaced the CARB fuel nozzles with a Scepter fuel nozzle I found on Amazon and works great.

Attachments

StevenTMax

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Waycross, GA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Maxwell
Member #

I have a 2015 JKU and I felt like the fuel tank was too small. I went with the longrangeamerica auxiliary fuel tank. I couldn't be happier with my decision. It wasn't cheap but well worth it. With the longrangeamerica auxiliary fuel tank just push a button when your main tank is drained and watch the needle on the gauge move back to almost full again. No more pouring gas in the cold, wind, or rain again and no stopping. If it's in your budget it's a great way to go plus you won't have to carry fuel cans anymore. I just thought I'd mention it.