Jeep LJ Build

• HTML tutorial

Scott Slade

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alberta
Member #

Still trying to find my way around the forum. I wanted to share some of my 05 Jeep LJ Build. I have always camped in a small tent and believe in packing light. Back pack carry type stuff. Now a comfy bed...Built to be used with hard and soft top. Bed can be removed. Passenger seat folds forward and part of the bed flips up. Full six feet long by 24 inches wide. Added a 9x9 roof vent in hard top, will use window mesh with soft top.20171121_114132.jpg 20171120_160122.jpg 20171120_160055.jpg 20171129_110803.jpg 20171129_170628.jpg

RisingEagle

Rank 0

Traveler I

I really like that config - I think that's the first time I've seen a 6ft bed in a 2dr jeep. I just ordered a 4dr JLU Rubi because I didn't think I'd be able to stretch out in a 2DR as well (was debating pretty hard between 2DR and 4DR). I'll probably stick with 4DR anyway for the bit of extra room. I'm just over 6' and I'm sure I would run out of room pretty quick in a 2DR

I also really like the fan idea (might have to steal that one). I had a Fan-tastic Fan in a truck camper I used to own, those things can sure move some air. I would turn that thing on low, crack a window and be plenty cool from all the air moving through. Easy on the battery as well; I would run it at rest stops all night when travelling and stopping to sleep, never had battery issues.

Good luck with the build - looks like a great start!

Reactions: Scott Slade

Scott Slade

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alberta
Member #

I really like that config - I think that's the first time I've seen a 6ft bed in a 2dr jeep. I just ordered a 4dr JLU Rubi because I didn't think I'd be able to stretch out in a 2DR as well (was debating pretty hard between 2DR and 4DR). I'll probably stick with 4DR anyway for the bit of extra room. I'm just over 6' and I'm sure I would run out of room pretty quick in a 2DR

I also really like the fan idea (might have to steal that one). I had a Fan-tastic Fan in a truck camper I used to own, those things can sure move some air. I would turn that thing on low, crack a window and be plenty cool from all the air moving through. Easy on the battery as well; I would run it at rest stops all night when travelling and stopping to sleep, never had battery issues.

Good luck with the build - looks like a great start!
Thank you for the kind words. Good luck with your 4 door build.

Jes

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

FL
Member #

This is sick! I love it when people make a sleeping platform work with a two door. It gives me hope/options for mine. If you can- please take more pictures from every angle! I'm still not sure I comprehend how you're able to keep the passenger seat. Sweet rig!!

Scott Slade

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alberta
Member #

20171120_160122.jpg 20171120_160110.jpg 20171120_160055.jpg 20171120_155900.jpg
I have a video that shows how it works but couldn't upload it. So... passenger seat folds forward as if getting into back seat. Folded section of bed behind seat flips up and locks into place with "folding table brackets ". This section is about 20 inches long. Brackets hold up to 500 lbs depending on what they are secured to. Foam section built to match lays on top of flip up section. Being a Jeep LJ, I get just over 70 inches of bed space. To fold down just squeeze tabs on brackets and it locks down. Return passenger to regular position. Hope this helps...

Jes

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

FL
Member #

Thanks, man. I get it now. This really is the best platform setup for a 2door I have seen. Thanks for sharing.

Scott Slade

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alberta
Member #

New BFG Mud Terrains on Dodge Magnum Steel rims. Went with a desert sand color on this set. I'll install them just before April 7tb. Oh, and my member pack came in... I'm official...lol20180205_111130.jpg 20180207_083713.jpg

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

Very nice. I like the contrast is colour as well.

What snorkel is on your Jeep? I’ve been looking for a half decent deal for a snorkel on mine.

And I just realized you’re in Alberta! What part?

Scott Slade

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alberta
Member #

Hey. I'm in Calgary. The snorkel is off eBay. Can't remember the brand. Pretty much an over seas knock off. Cost about $100.00

Reactions: dblack