London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Doncaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3NLP
I know that some of you may not believe this, but there are members in places that don't have T-shirt weather all the time and need more then a Hoodie and a Beanie.

How about an iron on patch, that the cold weather Members could put on the back of our Jackets, or other cold weather gear.

633327992cac4169391a153444e9e3f4.jpg

Enthusiast III

South Dayton, NY, USA
First Name
Ronald
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Service Branch
USMC 85'-89'
I know that some of you may not believe this, but there are members in places that don't have T-shirt weather all the time and need more then a Hoodie and a Beanie.

How about an iron on patch, that the cold weather Members could put on the back of our Jackets, or other cold weather gear.

View attachment 182505
Great idea....no t-shirt weather here.

Attachments

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

View attachment 182505
The Velcro patches work for this, go to Walmart and get the fuzzy side of Velcro to iron on to your carhart coat.

Snowwalker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Doncaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3NLP

View attachment 182505
The Velcro patches work for this, go to Walmart and get the fuzzy side of Velcro to iron on to
your carhart coat.
Yes I saw what Michael did in the video on lockers. I was thinking of something a little bigger then a 6 inch patch..

Also when it gets cold enough Velcro does not work too well. It becomes brittle and the plastic hooks break off..

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Yes I saw what Michael did in the video on lockers. I was thinking of something a little bigger then a 6 inch patch..

Also when it gets cold enough Velcro does not work too well. It becomes brittle and the plastic hooks break off..
Used Velcro on patches in the military... never had a Velcro Patch fail from cold weather... not once in 10 years. And we had a lot of Velcro patches on our gear and uniforms.

Snowwalker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Doncaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3NLP

Used Velcro on patches in the military... never had a Velcro Patch fail from cold weather... not once in 10 years. And we had a lot of Velcro patches on our gear and uniforms.

Good stuff! How did it hold up at -68°C to -78°C?

I have seen the stuff at Walmart and it's no where as good..

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Umm I think your measurements for temp are skewed... Antarctica’s lowest ever recorded temperature was -89.9 C, and average is -59 C. But how well does Velcro hold up there, seams to do it’s job as that is what the patches for the crews living in Antarctica are held onto their parkas with.

Snowwalker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Doncaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE3NLP
Umm I think your measurements for temp are skewed... Antarctica’s lowest ever recorded temperature was -89.9 C, and average is -59 C. But how well does Velcro hold up there, seams to do it’s job as that is what the patches for the crews living in Antarctica are held onto their parkas with.

They are still not using walmart Velcro... But No worries. I'll not make any more suggestion.