Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

I'm new here and I have not been off-road or overlanding for very long. I've been camping since forever and I was wondering what the best places are to explore in the northern Washington area.

I have a 2001 Range Rover P38. Stock on almost everything except the suspension which is spring and coil. I have bought a rack and a jump seat (bench style) to accommodate my family.

Thanks,
Gabriel Bozeman

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome to Overland Bound @Gabriel Bozeman! This is the perfect place for people interested in overlanding, veteran and novice alike.

Being that you are in Northwest Washington, you are also in a great place to get out and explore. This subforum, the NorthWest Region [link], is the perfect place to find meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”.

We actually have an meetup coming up in just a few weeks, right in your backyard at Ft. Casey on January 19th [link]. This is just one of many events that will be going on as we continue to grow.

To keep an eye on what events are coming up, I recommend checking out the Rally Point system [link].

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

Welcome! The Northern Cascades have ALOT to offer, although snow and road closures make access difficult to some parts in the winter.
Mt Baker-Snoqualmie has alot of different trail systems and I'd recommend picking up a good topo map and compass... Or GPS if it's in the budget [emoji106]

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Thanks @Merk. I have had my RR for about a year now and my family and I have taken it on a few trips. We have gone to Blue Lake and Dock Butte several times, but those are only forest roads. I am looking for something a little more. I plan on attending some of the NW Rallies that we have around if I am in town. I have heard about the Overland Loop Trail out on the Peninsula. I haven't gone yet. My sister and dad took our RR up onto Victoria Island and did tons of snow driving. Thanks again.

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Welcome from Anacortes! The group up here is early in its development and we're still learning the ropes. It'll be a fun time.

And my rig is pretty close to bone stock.

-jim lee

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman