Interest in a OB canoe trip in Florida

• HTML tutorial

What are your top 3 preferred activities for OB meet up/ Trips?

• Camping

• Canoeing/kayaking

• Mt. Biking

• Food and beverages

• 4x4 Off road travel

• Hiking trails

• Fishing/hunting

• Geocaching

Results are only viewable after voting.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Hello everyone,
Just talking with another OB member about planning another trip/meetup in Florida. I'm curious about how many people would be interested in a camping and canoeing trip somewhere in Florida. Possibly Silverimage.jpeg
springs . Who would be interested?

Last edited:

JungleSkunk

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I am located near this area in Citrus county. I am only here visiting family for a few more weeks but the trip sounds like a great idea.

The tale of the wild monkeys is in fact true. Back in the early 90s a hurricane knocked the fence down at the silver springs attraction and the monkeys escaped and managed to continue to populate the area over the years. Its been some time but I have seen up to 10 of them swinging from the trees while fishing up that way.

Ive always wanted to paddle the Withlacoochee river in the area as well!

Reactions: Farmjeepwrangler

dbungard

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

TN
Member #

I've been looking into dog-friendly paddling destinations in Ocala NF, but most the established campgrounds and rivers don't allow dogs.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
I've been looking into dog-friendly paddling destinations in Ocala NF, but most the established campgrounds and rivers don't allow dogs.
Yea, formal campgrounds are not always dog friendly. We can disperse camp or stay in one of the hunt camps. I was planning for the weekend of the 22nd but decided to do the Dinner island meet up. Check it out!

Ruben Ferran

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Boca Raton, FL, USA
First Name
RUBEN
Last Name
FERRAN
Member #

Hello everyone,
Just talking with another OB member about planning another trip/meetup in Florida. I'm curious about how many people would be interested in a camping and canoeing trip somewhere in Florida. Possibly SilverView attachment 86380
springs . Who would be interested?
You know I’m in!!

Reactions: Farmjeepwrangler

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
I just was talking with my wife about May 10th or 17th. Need some time to plan. Anyone willing to help? We could disperse camp and use generators for Ac if needed. Also need to plan start and finish as well as pick up point. Depends on experience level of group. I also have extra canoe if needed.

Reactions: Ruben Ferran

Ruben Ferran

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Boca Raton, FL, USA
First Name
RUBEN
Last Name
FERRAN
Member #

May 10th is Mothers day weekend in case anyone forgot, lol but, I know the ladies enjoy the outdoors just as much. as for myself I can do the weekend of the 17th

Ruben Ferran

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Boca Raton, FL, USA
First Name
RUBEN
Last Name
FERRAN
Member #

I just was talking with my wife about May 10th or 17th. Need some time to plan. Anyone willing to help? We could disperse camp and use generators for Ac if needed. Also need to plan start and finish as well as pick up point. Depends on experience level of group. I also have extra canoe if needed.
I'll help where I can, anything specific you like me to handle, disperse camp then ride out to the river sounds epic.

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Check into the canoe trip where do we put in and take out. Will we be able to canoe back or do we need to place vehicles at start and finish? How long does it take. I’ll scout some camping spots in the next week or two.

Reactions: Ruben Ferran