Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Just ordered an Explore 2 tip-out. We liked the toy-hauler in case we want to take bikes or motorcycles. The 2 tip-outs let us sleep 6 on the "ground". Especially since our kids are too small to climb up into an RTT. All still towable by the JLU. Updates to come.

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Picked it up Saturday from Station Park Honda in Louisville. Long drive from KC, but worth it. Spent 4 days in Mark Twain NF for the "sea trials". Only issue is might get the tongue lengthened to open the tailgate, and a ladder to get to the batwing.

Attachments

Reactions: RatAssassin

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

The 2 tip outs give an amazing amount of room in the inside. Will be adding an additional 270 awning, and some solar for boondocking. More interior pics coming soon!

Attachments

Reactions: RatAssassin and D&D

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Build update: Added a second RhinoRack batwing to the driver's side to provide 360 coverage. Also picked up 180w of solar from Zamp, but due to weather install will be in the Spring. They are not budget oriented, but they are only 3/4" thick, rigid, and light. 2nd image was borrowed till the wind and snow pass.

Attachments

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Most recent campground trip. Solar kept up during the day, but at night we needed shore power for the heater due to sub freezing temps and lil kids. Winds in the teens gusting to the twenties glad to have pole weights and the stakes in.

Attachments

Reactions: MuckSavage

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Yup, my friend (Chris) told me he arrived, only needed to inspect the tents & awning (he previously owned an Intech Pursue so he knew the basics of the trailer). He did the paperwork & he was hitched & on the road in about 1.5 hours from when he walked in the door.