First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Sorry to hear that.
If the LC engineering system looks stock, that would be easiest. The GM system would be the best but it wont pass visual smog. I ran the GM system on my CJ7. Massive improvement over stock. When it came time for smog, i just swapped back the crappy ford system they ran. I could definitely tell the difference. If you wanted to run the GM, just keep the old parts for smog and your good to go.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Unfortunately, something came up that needs my attention so I'm out as well.... Have a great trip.

Trigger T4R

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
:
Member #

Anyone have any ideas on where to go on a covert local weekend run, or any trails that aren’t closed?
...Who else is sick of this lockdown/governmental oppression?

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

Sorry to hear that.
If the LC engineering system looks stock, that would be easiest. The GM system would be the best but it wont pass visual smog. I ran the GM system on my CJ7. Massive improvement over stock. When it came time for smog, i just swapped back the crappy ford system they ran. I could definitely tell the difference. If you wanted to run the GM, just keep the old parts for smog and your good to go.
I didn’t even think about smog. Looks like I need to do some more research.

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Anyone have any ideas on where to go on a covert local weekend run, or any trails that aren’t closed?
...Who else is sick of this lockdown/governmental oppression?
I did Rattlesnakes Canyon today, great trail. It connects to Burns Canyon. Then you can go to Pioneer town/east or Bugbear/west. The only bad part was it was quite impacted with other rigs. But still had a great time!

Reactions: Trigger T4R

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Not sure what made me think this trip was last weekend??? Any possible dates yet?

Trigger T4R

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
:
Member #

I know people are busy back at work and it’s hard to get out for a trip, but is anyone in for a local meetup (bbq spot, coffee shop, Walmart parking lot) just to say hi and show off our “lockdown mods”? Maybe discuss next trip plans, organize a militia, you know, whatever comes up. Lol jk but seriously

Last edited:

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Saw this on the calender:
June 19-21, 2020 - Big Bear (3 day Weekend)
(Scott Lead)
Is this still on?
I just got back to work and cant take extra time. If there was interest, sat/sun is possible. I wanted to go up on Friday morning to secure a camp spot. They get scarce by Friday afternoon and almost nonexistent by Saturday. Not sure how crowded it will be there now. With everyone off, all the mountain/desert camping has been crowded.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
We did a last minute trip up to the Holcomb Valley area above Big Bear this last weekend. Everything, including the dispersed "Yellow Post" camp sites were full. We did quite a bit of driving, and almost gave up looking before we found this:
IMG_5031.JPG
It wasn't marked & it was off the main dirt road a bit, but definitely a spot used by others before us.
If you go, I'd recommend getting up there as early on Friday as you can. Most everything is first come-first served.

Trigger T4R

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
:
Member #

I just got back to work and cant take extra time. If there was interest, sat/sun is possible. I wanted to go up on Friday morning to secure a camp spot. They get scarce by Friday afternoon and almost nonexistent by Saturday. Not sure how crowded it will be there now. With everyone off, all the mountain/desert camping has been crowded.
Welp, I guess that answers that. From what @HIALT2D says, it sounds like it may be all full by Saturday. There’s a yellow post site called Coon Creek to the south east of the lake that we could try if you’re up to it.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I have all the yellow post's marked on my gps. If I can figure out how to export them, I can give them to you.

Reactions: HIALT2D